Australia

9 Signins

120 Page Views

• Views: 120
  • Message 11 of 15

Re: LENOVO G550 DC-T4500 Tragedy, Internal crack on LCD screen

2010-12-17, 2:02 AM

Thanks a lot lead_org.

It would be really nice of you if you could just let me know where this period of 14 days is mentioned? I did check center.com, could not find it there? Is it a rule or something in Australia? just to let you know i am from Melbourne, Australia.

On the basis of that i will approach consumer affairs and will talk to center.com as well.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Options

21115 Posts

12-20-2008

Australia, Melbourne

20622 Signins

444194 Page Views

• Views: 444194
  • Message 12 of 15

2010-12-17, 12:04 PM
http://www.consumer.vic.gov.au/CA256EB5000644CE/page/Shopping+and+trading-Refunds+and+repairs+for+goods?OpenDocument&1=920-Shopping+and+trading~&2=020-Refunds+and+repairs+for+goods~&3=~

here is the article that you should read.

Basically, your laptop is unfit for the purpose in which it was sold as, since the LCD was cracked. Therefore, the computer seller must within a specific period provide you with a remedy for the problem, usually through refund or exchange or repair.

However, they can refuse your repair (the other options) if they can prove that the damage that occurred on your machine was caused by you.

This is really something you should talk to consumer affairs about, they have the expertise to advise you on matters such as these.

P.S. 14 days return/exchange period is usually the industry norm.
Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
Options

8 Posts

12-08-2010

Australia

9 Signins

120 Page Views

• Views: 120
  • Message 13 of 15

2010-12-20, 0:33 AM

HI lead_org, just want to let you know that i really appreciate your help in this matter. I was initially so sad about all this and when everyone was just busy putting the blame on me, only because i had purchased it.

I dont have anything against lenovo or center.com but i know one thing for sure, if they want they can help. But they dont want to, because when the customer goes easy, they dont really bother. When the customer becomes a nightmare for them, then they feel they need to get rid of them and eventually they do something about it.

God bless you, will keep you updated with what happens.

Cheers

Sam

Options

21115 Posts

12-20-2008

Australia, Melbourne

20622 Signins

444194 Page Views

• Views: 444194
  • Message 14 of 15

2010-12-20, 1:30 AM
no problem glad that i could be of an assistance to you.
Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
Options

1 Posts

06-30-2020

CA

2 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 15 of 15

Re:LENOVO G550 DC-T4500 Tragedy, Internal crack on LCD screen

2020-06-30, 3:03 AM
Lenovo either makes Faberge eggs that form invisible breaks under light usage, or they are blaming customers on their defects. It is absolute nonsense to assume if there is an internal crack the customer must have caused. As anyone who has had a cracked windshield can tell you, cracks expand over time. The second law of thermal dynamics demands it. The claim is these cracks are invisible under normal light. So how could we know if the laptops came with microfractures from the factory? It is theft plain and simple. Do not buy Lenovo. They don't take care of their premier customers who have spent thousands on their laptops. If you are certain you did not break it, don't let anyone has light you into believing you did. I foresee a class action in Lenovo's future.... It is a potty, because ThinkPad you to be the premier brand to buy. Now it is just another over priced laptop that will not hold up even the three years corporate buyers expect. Better to get something like Asus TUF. They actually test those to military specs, including drop testing. You are not going to have one of those sitting on you desk for 8 months a suddenly die from a microfractures that expanded over time. And if it did, you could afford to buy another and still save money over the cost of one ThinkPad.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete