Options

1 Posts

12-13-2016

US

1 Signins

8 Page Views

• Views: 8
  • Message 1 of 2

Laptop connects to home wifi but not work wifi?

2016-12-13, 6:04 AM

My laptop connects to my home wifi and every other wifi just fine. I recently started a new job and i checked on another laptop and the wifi came up just fine. With my laptop, the wifi says that it connected but it never asked for a security code and when i tried to access the internet i didnt have access. the wifi works with all other laptops except mine and my laptop works just fine on all other wifi networks. Ive tried turning the wifi off and then back on on my laptop and it still doesnt work. Can someone please help me asap? It is becoming a real inconvienace at work. 

Options

3811 Posts

12-24-2015

IN

2177 Signins

71411 Page Views

• Views: 71411
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Laptop connects to home wifi but not work wifi?

2016-12-13, 12:33 PM

Hi there, Wadford                  -

Thank you for writing in to the Lenovo Forum - happy to have you here today.

Just go to your wi-fi configuration and properties and choose to stablish a custom DNS server, then type 8.8.8.8 as main server and 8.8.4.4 as the secondary one (These are Google's DNS free servers) and all of your problems will go away.

Also, your work routers may be using authentication, encryption, or mac access control lists...  Have you checked all of these?

Update us how it goes.

Regards,

Tap that kudos button if I helped 
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save