11-12-2017

IN

18 Signins

175 Page Views

• Views: 175
  • Message 1 of 8

Laptop does not start if battery is removed

2019-09-10, 13:21 PM

I have been facing battery charging issue and as a test I removed my battery (of Lenovo G50-30) laptop and started directly by connecting AC Adaptor alone but laptop does not start. It gives a white light blink in the indicator and for a moment laptop display blinks. To charge my laptop I need to shutdown the PC and plug in the charger. The battery gets charged and then I can use it till the time battery lasts.

Options

7 Posts

09-10-2019

IT

4 Signins

85 Page Views

• Views: 85
  • Message 2 of 8

Re: Laptop does not start if battery is removed

2019-09-10, 16:09 PM
Hi... I am worry about the "white blink" of the indicator led but much more about the display one... Altough some Laptop cannot work without battery, i am asking if the battery has been removed when the laptop was powered on.
This could cause a damage on the PCB
Options

18 Posts

11-12-2017

IN

18 Signins

175 Page Views

• Message 3 of 8

2019-09-10, 16:37 PM

Your service centre asked me to check by switching on laptop w/o battery which did not work. Hence they seem to have concluded its mother board problem as all laptops shd start w/o battery contrary to your point that some laptops may not start (mine is Lenovo G50-30, can you check & confirm). Laptop is working fine after introducing battery back again.

Note -  A month back I had gone to change my laptop case where PCB is housed. Case was changed however while laptop was taken back home & put on charging it said "Plugged in but not charging". Battery was in warranty hence changed battery (through another authorised service center in Mumbai, India). They changed but issue did not solve & I became shuttle **bleep** between two authorised service centers (one who sells accessories & another who doesn't sell accessories hence cannot support - one who changed my case & battery issue got induced). From there on my ordeal has not stopped. Pls help I am fade up now. I can share all details if requested for onward strict action but before that pls resolve my issue. Thanks

Options

7 Posts

09-10-2019

IT

4 Signins

85 Page Views

• Message 4 of 8

2019-09-10, 18:46 PM
the AC adapter on pcb has two way.. one charge the battery then goes to power pcb and the other give power straight to pcb.
Probably there is some electronic component that were burned for overcharged (white flash) so whe the battery is in everything works cause while battery is charging the power arrive to pcb too. Whithout battery the circuit is open and the pcb doesn't receive power . probably some capacitor or diode on pcb.
the problem is that are very small components and many time they seems ok while they arent.
Options

18 Posts

11-12-2017

IN

18 Signins

175 Page Views

• Message 5 of 8

2019-09-10, 19:10 PM

Thanks for technical inputs, very enlightening.

An observation which I thoufht to share for benifit of all with soln to this problem (just got in last 3-4 hrs). It seems there is a bug post recent windows update 1709 (needs to be internally taken up within Lenovo - not sure whether this platform is apt. If not pls fwd to concerned if aware).

What I observe is, after Windows 1709 patch conservation mode is removed surely for a reason but it has induced  "Plugged in but not charging"error.

I have successfully found workaround to this problem. When you plug in battery charger it will state above error, open OKO Care enable "conservation mode" (this will be disabled) it will go into conservation mode, when message prompts now disable conservation mode, battery shall start charging & prompt "Normal charging". This toggling is to be done every time you unplug battery charger. While this is just a work around from practical trial & error method (past one month now), users pls take consent & support from Lenovo Authorised service centers. I'm confident permanent solution shall follow. Thanks

Options

7 Posts

09-10-2019

IT

4 Signins

85 Page Views

• Message 6 of 8

2019-09-10, 20:03 PM
well i don't know about issues of os.. i've worked as computer technician for about 30 yrs .. since 1986 as programmer on ibm system S36 As00, then also as hardware tech on these, after some years on pc w 3.11 w95 w98 xp.. also assembling pc.. since ms introduced Vista (a shame..) Windows 7 is now at the end of life and probably ill'do the same.. i hate w8 and w10 cause i think that they are a little too independent and they made as they want... Windows 7 is very stable and if you know it to his kernel you can obtain the maximum.. So i am now a user with a good skill in sw and hw but i have decided to stop studying new os... obviously i mean Ms systems.. i was interested in linux and free platform altough for professional use it seems that the world run around MS and my job was concerning that. probably i will do something when retiring from work..
hope to been helpful for you..
Options

7 Posts

09-10-2019

IT

4 Signins

85 Page Views

• Message 7 of 8

2019-09-10, 20:09 PM
Ps.. in fact i have to change a lcd panel over a g50-45 who born with w8 but also support w7.... my customer gift that after he seat over and break the panel. and take a new one... yust few hours in reinstalling os and sw and my 12 yrs old hp6720 will be switched off
Options

18 Posts

11-12-2017

IN

18 Signins

175 Page Views

• Message 8 of 8

2019-09-11, 2:14 AM

Thanks for sharing such a detailed explanation. Best of LUCK for your endeypost retirement.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete