Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AddjusT
What's DOS?
Views: 91
Message 1 of 2

Laptop won't boot into windows on Laptop G50

Laptop G50, i got the laptop from an friend and it was turning on, but it was stuck on Lenovo screen, it wouldn't boot into windows. When i tried to boot into a new windows 10 from the USB flashdrive (yes the flashdrive is working, becouse i installed win10 on my main pc with it) and it would say "Media test failure, check cable. I googled and couldn't find an answer to it. I had another G50 laptop and i tried to boot into windows with it's HDD, it would say: "The bios in this system is not fully ACPI compilant. Please contact your system vendor for an updated BIOS. So i switched back to the old HDD and i couldn't find an solution for this problem. Would be happy if someone could help me out.

SeniorGuru
Views: 63
Message 2 of 2

Re: Laptop won't boot into windows on Laptop G50

It may be that your friend attempted to load Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 onto the system, and that installation failed due to BIOS settings or a compatibility issue.

Check BIOS for "Legacy OS" function, also look for IDE/SATA device and make sure it is set to AHCI on both.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors