Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 610
Message 2 of 3

Latest BIOS Update for Lenovo IdeaPad G50-45 on Linux Mint 19.1? SOLVED

Hi sovy666,

I am not able to mark your post as solved as it is the original post, so I created this thread and moved your post to it as a reply so I can mark it as solved.  

Thank you for posting that you solved your problem.

Regards,

Dave

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.
Highlighted
sovy666
Paper Tape
Views: 656
Message 1 of 3

Latest BIOS Update for Lenovo IdeaPad G50-45 on Linux Mint 19.1?

Hi,

I would like to install the BIOS update for my Lenovo G50-45 but I am on Linux Mint 19.1. How can I do that? I already tried it with a bootable USB with FreeDOS but it tells me that it is not possible because the EXE file of the BIOS is a Win32 program.

EDIT: I solved the problem by installing Windows and updating the BIOS with the standard procedure, i.e. by running the EXE file and following the on-screen instructions, after which I reinstalled Linux Mint.

Mike0001
Fanfold Paper
Views: 132
Message 3 of 3

Re: Latest BIOS Update for Lenovo IdeaPad G50-45 on Linux Mint 19.1? SOLVED

I was able to update my BIOS using the HPCD_PE boot disk which is a utility disk based on windows 10 PE.  I created a bootable CD and then copied the Lenovo Bios update utility to a usb stick and ran it that way.  At first it didn't appear to work but then when I chose "shutdown" from the HPCD windows menu it started shuting down and then launched the flash utility.  Tried a bunch of other dead end avenues before this worked so I hope this helps someone.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors