Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo B and G Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

05-17-2017

India

9 Signins

90 Page Views

• Views: 90
  • Message 1 of 14

Lenevo G50 laptop taking long time to boot.

2017-11-24, 17:32 PM

hi.

Its been almost 5 years of my lenevo G50 laptop. In past couple of weeks , i did'nt shut down my laptop properly. There were times when i left my pc open for 10-14 hrs Meawhile ,my Laptop usually went to sleep .

Now the problem i am facing is that, in past few days, my laptop -Lenevo G50, product : 20351,serial id :XXXXXXXX, BIOS : 9ACN28WW.  is taking long time to boot up. Like it alsmost takes 30 mins to boot up nowadays.

what's the problem with my pc?

can anyone help?

Removed serial number to prevent abuse.

Options

2954 Posts

02-22-2017

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

1083 Signins

26243 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 26243
  • Message 2 of 14

Re: Lenevo G50 laptop taking long time to boot.

2017-12-20, 10:58 AM

Hello Shivam_Shekhar

Thanks for using the Lenovo forums.

I have a feeling that after 5 years of service, it may well just be the harddrive that is starting to give in.

Try running an LSC scan, see if this is able to find anything for you.

1. Please click on the following link
2. Under the section ‘Download’ select the relevant Hyperlink dependant on whether your Lenovo is running Windows 7/8/8.1 32 bit or 64 bit.(Will work on Win10)
3. When prompted, select save and browse to a drive and directory in which to save the downloaded files.
4. Navigate to the folder where you saved the installation file, lscsetup_x86_26001.exe.
5. Double-click the installation file icon to start the installation.
6. Follow the onscreen instructions via the installation wizard that will install Lenovo Solution Centre on your system.
7. Once installed you will have a ‘Lenovo Solution Centre’ icon on your desktop please click to open this.
8. Once solution center is opened please select ‘Checkup’ then ‘Hardware Scan’ and ‘Full Scan’
9. This will take up to 20 minutes, see if this can find any errors.

Also, make sure not to give out your serial number, just in case someone may missuse it.

Hope this helps, let us know how you get on.

==================================================================================
Did someone help you today? Thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Pesszimistának lenni a legjobb, vagy igazad van, vagy kellemesen meglepődsz...
Options

3 Posts

05-17-2017

India

9 Signins

90 Page Views

• Views: 90
  • Message 3 of 14

2017-12-27, 18:36 PM

i want to elaborate the problem i am facing.
1> when i press the power button on my pc , my laptop's processor starts but the screen remains black.

2> The screen keeps flashing on and off (very faint flash), but still nothing is displayed on the screen.

3> I have also noticed that during this time, whenever i plug in the charger or when i remove the charger, the laptop makes a loud beep sound.

4> the flashing goes on and off until the lenevo logo appears.

5> The lenevo logo appears after a long time .
now a days it takes random time to show up the lenevo logo.

6> The pc runs perfectly smoothly after the lenevo logo appears and then everything seems fine.

7> the laptop also shuts down properly in normal time.

8> It's just the boot that sucks.

So... what do u think? Is it a hardware problem or some problem in my system settings?

Options

2954 Posts

02-22-2017

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

1083 Signins

26243 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 26243
  • Message 4 of 14

2018-01-03, 16:00 PM

I think it sounds like it could be some sort of hardware issue.

Have you run the test?

Make sure that your drivers are up to date as well. Things like video and chipset drivers, you can find them on the support page:

http://support.lenovo.com/de/en

Hope this helps, let us know how you get on.

==================================================================================
Did someone help you today? Thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Pesszimistának lenni a legjobb, vagy igazad van, vagy kellemesen meglepődsz...
Options

1 Posts

05-18-2018

India

2 Signins

101 Page Views

• Views: 101
  • Message 5 of 14

2018-05-18, 6:24 AM

hi,

am hari the same above problem occurs for my lap now a days .

did u cleared the boot problem

Options

17 Posts

05-19-2018

Greece

20 Signins

263 Page Views

• Views: 263
  • Message 6 of 14

2018-05-19, 22:54 PM

I had also some same problems with boot with my G50-30 Laptop (3 years 4 months Laptop) that you can see here and I am thinking that it maybe an HDD problem after all the things I checked.
Especially when I try to boot without HDD and I plug it out and the try to boot with a USB and it worked. I put back the HDD and the boot from the USB doesn't worked again, cause I want to go for a Repair or a Clean Installation. And now I am thinking that it is an HDD issue. 

Options

2402 Posts

11-07-2014

United States of America

1537 Signins

24241 Page Views

• Views: 24241
  • Message 7 of 14

2018-05-20, 15:05 PM

wrote:

I had also some same problems with boot with my G50-30 Laptop (3 years 4 months Laptop) that you can see here and I am thinking that it maybe an HDD problem after all the things I checked.
Especially when I try to boot without HDD and I plug it out and the try to boot with a USB and it worked. I put back the HDD and the boot from the USB doesn't worked again, cause I want to go for a Repair or a Clean Installation. And now I am thinking that it is an HDD issue. 

Most of the time with issues like this, the HDD will need to be replaced.  If you did not make recovery disks soon after the initial purchase, you may need to either order / obtain them from Lenovo, or go with a retail version of Windows to install onto the new HDD.

If you can enter BIOS, there might be a diagnostics routine that you can run on the HDD, but it is not in all BIOS editions....  The other way to check a HDD for errors is remove it from the notebook, use a USB dock/adapter to connect it to a working PC and see if it reads the data from it.  If it works, then copy user files to cloud or similar source before disconnecting.

When replacing the HDD, use one that has the same specifications (Sata, size, RPM and size - 7mm or 9mm thickness) and you should be good.  I prefer to use Seagate drive in my shop for all my projects, have had good luck with them.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.
Options

17 Posts

05-19-2018

Greece

20 Signins

263 Page Views

• Views: 263
  • Message 8 of 14

2018-05-20, 17:35 PM
CBHedricks thanks for the tips. Yes if it is a HDD issue I will go to an upgrade for HDD and Memory. And I will go mayby to an SSD Drive. ;) 
Options

1 Posts

11-02-2018

Indonesia

2 Signins

26 Page Views

• Views: 26
  • Message 9 of 14

2018-11-02, 5:21 AM

Hi.... I would like to know whether anybody have a solution for this problem yet? Since I have the same issue, and I don't think it's the hard disk issue as some have suggested here. I rule out hard disk issue since when I tried to boot from the cd, the same problem persist

Appreciate so much for your kind assistance

Options

2402 Posts

11-07-2014

United States of America

1537 Signins

24241 Page Views

• Views: 24241
  • Message 10 of 14

2018-11-03, 17:50 PM
When the computer has difficulty seeing attached devices, it will slow down the boot process. If the boot loader files are corrupted (Windows, Linux) then they will need to be re-built to resolve. If the HDD is failing, it can cause delays when the POST check cannot access the drive quickly.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)