cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
edo1128
Paper Tape
Views: 457
Message 1 of 4

Lenova G505s recovery error (create recovery file (aodstat.dat) occurs an error)

Hi,

I'm using recovery disks to recover Windows on my Lenovo G505 (the onekey recovery partition is corrupted). When I select either of the 2 recovery options using the disks I get the message "create recovery file (aodstat.dat) occurs an error" and I'm unable to proceed. Can anyone advise what this error means? The notebook is still under warranty.

Thanks

Ed

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 395
Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenova G505s recovery error (create recovery file (aodstat.dat) occurs an error)

If you have two SSD/HD drives installed, physically disconnect/disable the the secondary drive temporarily and try again.  

Cheers, 

edo1128
Paper Tape
Views: 382
Message 3 of 4

Re: Lenova G505s recovery error (create recovery file (aodstat.dat) occurs an error)

Hi,

I don't have a scondary drive connected. 

I used the OKR button and it told me the OKR partition is corrupted. Previously I reformatted the main disk (full format) because I thought the file partition was corrupted and now I think the recovery disk doesn't work because of the format. When I formatted the disk I didn't specify any additional parameters.

Do you think I need to reformat the disk again?

SeniorGuru
Views: 368
Message 4 of 4

I would suggest returning the drive to "unallocated" space - ie.. unformatted. Sometimes the OKR software is looking for a new, unformatted drive to work with, if it sees formatting, it assumes the drive contains the needed information to work with.

I know that is a little vague, but not having the code it is all I have to go on.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors