01-08-2013

UK

5 Signins

21 Page Views

• Views: 21
  • Message 1 of 3

Lenova G580 - Recovery discs

2013-01-08, 21:45 PM

Have logged in to https://www.lenovorecovery.com but there was no media listed for this Win 8 notebook. emailed 'rmedia@lenovo.com' and there automated reply stated they were on holiday until 3rd January 2013.  We were at the 7th January already I need the media urgently as partitioning has been messed up.

Ideas any one please

Options

6095 Posts

02-11-2012

Philippines

4457 Signins

274722 Page Views

• Views: 274722
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenova G580 - Recovery discs

2013-01-09, 18:48 PM

hi chr1sg,

Welcome to the Lenovo Community.

If you require a Lenovo Restore / Recovery Discs, I recommend you contact Lenovo Ideapad Support for faster access to those discs. If the hidden partitions are still intact, you may also like to try to press the One Key Recovery button as this function will also restore the unit from factory settings:

Note:

If possible, please backup all of your data before doing a factory reset as this process will wipe everything out and restore all data to factory default.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

3 Posts

01-08-2013

UK

5 Signins

21 Page Views

• Views: 21
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenova G580 - Recovery discs

2013-01-10, 15:05 PM

Thanks for the welcome.

Yes contacted the Ideapad support team and they are trying to awake the German disk recovery from their Christmas slumber. Unfortunately the onekey recovery does not work when these two partitions are not present> Thanks for the help.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms