cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gupsachin
Paper Tape
Views: 3,000
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo 3000 G410 2049-55Q - No Hibernate option?

Hi, I recently bought a Lenovo 3000 G410 2049-55Q laptop. However, I am disappointed to know that there isnt any hibernate option in the power settings.

I am on Windows XP SP2 and have installed the latest drivers from the IBM website. The Energy cut poer driver is one of them.

I have tried the powercfg /a command and it says that the system only supports standby (S3) option and does not support hibernation.

Can someone please confirm this? Is there still a way to hibernate the system?

Many thanks,

Sachin 

Solvan
802.11n
Views: 2,974
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo 3000 G410 2049-55Q - No Hibernate option?

To check if your Lenovo G410 laptop support hibernation in XP SP2, try the following steps.

Click "Start" then "Turn off Computer", the resulting dialog box will show 3 options - "Standby", "Turn Off" and "Restart"

Then hold down the Shift Key while the Turn off Computer dialog box is in on the screen.  Windows obliges by changing back and forth between Standby and Hibernate. If it does not change then hibernation might not be supported.

But if it does, then you can manually hibernate your G410.

Retired Guru
Views: 2,919
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo 3000 G410 2049-55Q - No Hibernate option?

That's not exactly right.

By default hibernate option is turned off in XP.

To turn it on you should rightclick your desktop, go to its properties, go to power management and there you can see a checkbox for hibernate. After checking it and applying you'll be able to assign hibernation on power button and lid closing event.

Also after this you'll be able to perform thing that was advised in second post of this thread.

//help will save the world

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors