Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SpellCheque
Paper Tape
Views: 239
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo 3000 G530 Battery issues

Hey guys,

Just fished an old G530 out of a closet and it's become my pet project. I've cleaned it up, installed some additional memory and Windows 10 x64. Having some issues with system's power, though. Initially the battery would not charge and the unit would only run on AC. After installing Windows 10, it now charges and can be used with out the AC adapter, but occasionally will shut down and refuse to turn back on. When it does this, the battery indicator flashes at me, so I can only assume this means it's died. It will do this at seemingly random battery levels, after a varying amount of time. I do not believe this is an overheating issue.

Additionally, the charging cycle is almost 7 hours, and the unit dies in under 2. I have tried multiple batteries.

I would like ot update the BiOS to 1.10 from 1.09, but I cannot find the unit listed as it is no longer supported.

Any help or advice is appreciated, thanks!

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 237
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo 3000 G530 Battery issues

Hello and welcome,

Try the EOL portal.  Looks like it's there under 3000 G530 (4446).

https://download.lenovo.com/eol/index.html

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

SpellCheque
Paper Tape
Views: 213
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo 3000 G530 Battery issues

Thanks, I was able to get the appropriate drivers from that link.

Even after updating the BIOS, I'm having a recurring issue with the unit's power: I have charged it to 100% multiple times. After it's finished, I take it off AC and use it for as long as I can before it dies. So far today it has died at 99% and 92%, each time accompanied by a loud beep. I am unable to power it back on until I connect the charger. When I do that and power the machine back on, the battery shows as completely dead.

What could be causing this?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors