Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Surinder
Paper Tape
Views: 1,122
Message 1 of 4

Lenovo 400s touch screen laptop touch not working

Hi, My G400s series touch screen laptop touch not working. It stops working just one month back. It was purchased around 16 months back. I have done all the trick which suggested on the forum by many users but all in vain. I have always updated with latest updates by Microsoft including Window 8.1/latest driver by Lenovo but I think this is not the issue with Windows upgrade because this was done months back and touch was working perfectly. If this is hardware problem the Lenovo should accept the fault and change the failure part free of cost or come up with some solution because many Lenovo users suffering with this problem. Kindly some one can suggest me where I should approach to get this rectify?

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 1,100
Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo 400s touch screen laptop touch not working

Hi Surinder,

Welcome to Lenovo Community!

As per the query we understood that you are facing issue with touch screen not working in your G400s laptop.

Please confirm is the display appears on the screen; also check if the touch screen is damaged.

Also try to reinstall the display driver and touchpad driver to the latest version and check for the issue.

Click here for the display driver for windows 8.1

Click here for the touchpad driver for windows 8.1.

Hope this helps. Do post back if issue persists!

Best regards,       

Ashwin.S

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Surinder
Paper Tape
Views: 1,078
Message 3 of 4

Hi Ashwin

Thanks for your support. I did both means reinstalled touch pad driver and intel display driver but didn't solve my problem. I don't have any problem with my laptop, everything is working perfectly including screen display except touch. Only touch is not working from past one month or two. In control panel under system it shows 'No pen or touch input is available for this device'. This is my personal laptop for home use so no means of drop or damage only to touch hardware.

This problem may be caused with some MS Windows updated. Lenovo must find the reasons of touch failure even on new laptop. Could you please escalate to the higher authorities of Lenovo because this is the trust issue with Lenovo and not only me many users are suffering with same issue.

Regards,

Surinder

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 1,057
Message 4 of 4

Hi Surinder

Thanks for the reply.

Please check if any exclamatory mark under any of the devices in device manager.

Please share the serial number through private message and to verify the issue further.

Click here to send the private message.

Hope this helps. Do post back if issue persists!

Best regards,       

Ashwin.S

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors