Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo B and G Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

10-03-2015

United Kingdom

2 Signins

9 Page Views

• Views: 9
  • Message 1 of 2

Lenovo B40-30 - Adding a DVD Drive or HHD Caddy

2015-10-03, 20:10 PM

Hello i am looking to buy a Lenovo B40-30. i have seen some B40-30 come with a dvd drive and some that do not ,

if i buy a B40-30 without a dvd drive is there a space to acomodate a dvd drive/dvd hdd caddy?

Regards calum

Mod's Edit: Additional information added to Subject line for clarity of problem.

Options

6095 Posts

02-11-2012

Philippines

4459 Signins

274727 Page Views

• Views: 274727
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo B40-30 - Adding a DVD Drive or HHD Caddy

2015-10-05, 21:03 PM

hi calum

Welcome to the Forums.

Looking inside the unit via this B40-30 Video Disassembly Guide, this system uses an ODD connector board that attaches to the motherboard and into the ODD.

- Link to picture

If you'll be going for an HDD caddy, I would recommend you get the B40-30 with an ODD so that you won't have any issues  attaching a caddy as there's no guarantee that this connector is present with a B40-30 with a dummy ODD..

Hope this helps.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms