Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sathishsrinis
What's DOS?
Views: 2,032
Message 1 of 4

Lenovo B490 Notebook Wi-Fi device not available issue

Hi,

I have installed windows 8 in my laptop. when i enter into wireless settings it displays no wireless devices are available.

And also wireless Network connection icon is not displayed in the bottom right corner of the taskbar(Instead wiredLan Icon is displayed)

I have tried the solutions suggested in the below links

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/Fn-Esc-and-Fn-F5-problem-with-B490-with...

and

http://support.lenovo.com/in/hi/products/laptops-and-netbooks/lenovo-b-series-laptops/lenovo-b490-no...

Any support will be greatly helpful.

Thanks in Advance

Note: i am using ubuntu in dual boot. Wireless LAN driver itself is not getting installed in Ubuntu.

Regards,

Sathishkumar S

SeniorGuru
Views: 2,017
Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo B490 Notebook Wi-Fi device not available issue

sathishsrinis wrote:

Hi,

I have installed windows 8 in my laptop. when i enter into wireless settings it displays no wireless devices are available.

And also wireless Network connection icon is not displayed in the bottom right corner of the taskbar(Instead wiredLan Icon is displayed)

I have tried the solutions suggested in the below links

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/Fn-Esc-and-Fn-F5-problem-with-B490-with...

and

http://support.lenovo.com/in/hi/products/laptops-and-netbooks/lenovo-b-series-laptops/lenovo-b490-no...

Any support will be greatly helpful.

Thanks in Advance

Note: i am using ubuntu in dual boot. Wireless LAN driver itself is not getting installed in Ubuntu.

Regards,

Sathishkumar S

If the card works under windows and not in Linux, is a driver issue in Linux.  Ubuntu support would be the logical place to inquire for assistance.

If the card is not working at all, then you may have a hardware error to deal with.  That would necessitate replacing the card itself.  If you are under warranty, a service center will be the best option, if not under warranty, find a replacement made for your notebook and install following steps from the maintenance manual.

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.
kaja123
Paper Tape
Views: 1,079
Message 3 of 4

i used lenovo B490 and model is 20205 .....my problem is wi-fi conection is not showing on display after i install windows 8 os ...b4 the OS instaltion ITS working corrctly....but now not showing wi-fi connection on right corner in my lab....pls help me...thanks in advance....

SeniorGuru
Views: 1,068
Message 4 of 4

@kaja123 wrote:

i used lenovo B490 and model is 20205 .....my problem is wi-fi conection is not showing on display after i install windows 8 os ...b4 the OS instaltion ITS working corrctly....but now not showing wi-fi connection on right corner in my lab....pls help me...thanks in advance....

If your laptop was shipped with the Windows 7 then the card may not have drivers for Windows 8 or 10, or the card itself may not be compatible with Windows 8 / 10.  I would try loading Windows OS that came installed with the laptop, then see if the card works.  If still not working you will need to purchase a replacement WiFi card found in your service / maintenance manual parts listing.

Good luck.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors