Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo B and G Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

8 Posts

04-08-2013

Romania

14 Signins

54 Page Views

• Views: 54
  • Message 1 of 8

Lenovo B50-30 Lenovo logo screen

2014-11-27, 11:43 AM

Hi. My Lenovo B50-30 got stuck at the Lenovo logo screen. I cannot enter bios settings, also will not boot from anything.  It's like the bios is bricked.

I have not been in bios settings in ages, also no one could have tampered with those settings.

What should I do?

Options

3019 Posts

03-15-2014

Bangalore

1126 Signins

57257 Page Views

• Views: 57257
  • Message 2 of 8

Re: Lenovo B50-30 Lenovo logo screen

2014-11-28, 12:22 PM

Hi Idalevan,

Welcome to Lenovo Community!

As per the query we understood that you are facing issue with system hanging on Lenovo logo on your Lenovo B50-30.

This kind of issue occurs when the system is not able to detect the HDD drive, If the system is under warranty please get it checked with our authorized service center.

If you are willing to check with yourself then you can remove the HDD drive from the system and check if it is passing the Lenovo logo.

For guidance on removing the HDD please check the user manual from the below link.

http://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc/pccbbs/mobiles_pdf/b40_b50_ug_en.pdf

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Hemanth Kumar

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Options

3 Posts

12-01-2014

Spain

7 Signins

21 Page Views

• Views: 21
  • Message 3 of 8

2014-12-01, 8:55 AM

Hi!, I have th same problem, My B50-30 Stucks on Lenovo Screen, but it was in the wake of in the BIOS, I change in "configuration"  USB Legacy from ENABLED to DISABLED.

Previously, I have install a Windows 7 Pro OS, And i Have changed in "Exit" Tab the option "OS optimized Defaults" set to "other OS" and in Boot options, The "BOOT MODE" Set to Legacy Support".

Now, I have another question.

Why now, I need to insert an USB (Mouse, Keyboard, whatever), in one USB port to make te computer boot, If there is no USB Inserted, Stucks again in LENOVO LOGO. 

Is another option to change in BIOS to make my computer BOOT in WIN7 without need to insert any USB in USB Port?

Thanks!!!!!!!!

Options

3019 Posts

03-15-2014

Bangalore

1126 Signins

57257 Page Views

• Message 4 of 8

2014-12-01, 11:31 AM

Hi Adri_tahe,

I think the boot priority is changed in the BIOS. Each time when the computer boots checks for any USB is present, hence request you to change the BIOS setting to default option, to change the default setting please press F9 key after boot the system into BIOS mode and press F10 to save and exit.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Hemanth Kumar

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

3 Posts

12-01-2014

Spain

7 Signins

21 Page Views

• Message 5 of 8

2014-12-02, 7:56 AM

Hi Hemanth!

Thanks for your reply ;)

I did what you said but nothing happened, stucks again in Lenovo Logo.

I think is a BIOS problem, need an unpdate or something. Only support Win8 OS and in "Other OS" option can run only if an USB is inserted.

I will try if an update (already have the last BIOS update in Lenovo's web) an then see if works.

Thanks Again for the help ;)

Options

3019 Posts

03-15-2014

Bangalore

1126 Signins

57257 Page Views

• Message 6 of 8

2014-12-02, 9:11 AM

Hi Adri_tahe,

Is the system had Windows 8 OS has pre-loaded Operating System, or you have installed it separately?

If you had Windows 8 earlier and now you have installed Windows 7 the default BIOS setting is first you have to set the OS Optimized Defaults option is set to Disabled.
Press the F9 key to load default configuration, then press F10 to save the BIOS.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Hemanth Kumar
=====================================================================================

Options

3 Posts

12-01-2014

Spain

7 Signins

21 Page Views

• Message 7 of 8

2014-12-02, 9:28 AM

Hi Hemanth!

Thanks!

The system is with Win8.1 Bing Preinstalled, yes. I have install Win 7.

My BIOS don't have the "OS Optimized Defaults" option to set it to "Disabled", Only have 

- "Win8 64bit"

- "Other OS"

If I choose WIN8 64bit, then press F9, a black screen with a message "CHECKING MEDIA" appears, in a loop.

If I choose Other OS, then press F9, Starts withoun USB inserted, but when Wi7 flag is completed, a Blue screen flashes and 2 second after the system restarts... :smileysad:

All I can do is leave a port usb connected.

Many thanks for your efforts.

The only way to start win7, is to set "Other OS2, and in Configuration TAB, set "SATA Controller Mode" to "Compatible".

I'll keep on trying :smileyhappy:

Options

7 Posts

02-23-2016

United States of America

33 Signins

523 Page Views

• Views: 523
  • Message 8 of 8

2016-02-24, 23:43 PM
Hi Idalevan
Did u find answer? I have the same problem
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms