Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
S-Harris
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,533
Message 1 of 1

Lenovo B50-45 EEPROM is Write-protected - System board Replaced

Good day, I do hope someone can help. I have a Lenovo B50-45 Laptop that I successfully replaced the motherboard. I remember from my Lenovo training that I need to restore the serial Number and Machine Type Model after System Board replacement with the Maintenance Diskette/USB key. I have already successfully download and created the Maintenance Diskette/USB key (HMD Version 1.89). But when I boot the laptop with the Maintenance Diskette/USB key, and select ‘Set System identification’, ‘I get the message 'EEPROM is write-protected’ as shown in the attached picture. I pressed the ‘Enter’ key then restarted the laptop. Then pressed ‘Esc’ key when the factory logo is displayed and still the message EEPROM is write-protected is displayed. I’ve been trying for two days now with no success. Is there something that I should do first that I might not be doing correctly? Also attached is a picture of the BIOS at the current moment.When Trying To Restore The Serial and Model Number.jpgThe BIOS At Current Moment.jpg

Any help would be appreciated, Thank you in advanced.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors