cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Karo84
Fanfold Paper
Views: 5,515
Message 1 of 5

Lenovo B50-80 How much RAM can I upgrade to?

Hello Lenovo community. You are my last hope!

I digged in the internet and searched through the whole Lenovo site, but I havent find the answer. I have Lenovo B50-80 i5-5200U with only 4GB RAM, type 80EW, serial number MP******. I'd like to upgrade RAM, but I can't find how much of it I can install. I've alrady determined that I need DDR 3 RAM, but how much? Once I've read that I can install up to 16GB, but then I found another opinion, that my computer can have only 8 GB. What is the thruth? What's more, I don't know if the memory chould be 1,5V or 1,35V.

Moderator note: serial number removed to prevent abuse.  For reference associated MT-M is 80EW03NPPB.

Karo84
Fanfold Paper
Views: 5,463
Message 2 of 5

Re: Lenovo B50-80 How much RAM can I upgrade to?

I've got an another issue connected to the previous one. It's written in the user guide that "Two memory channels are supported. Both channels should have a memory of the same size and rank". Does it mean that (in case more than 8GB is supported) I can't have 4GB in one slot and 8GB in another?

Mod's Comment: Please do not start multiple posts on same issue as this only splinters the discussion. Instead, keep your current discussion updated with any additional information. Your duplicate has been removed. Thanks !

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 5,440
Message 3 of 5

First, I have never used this model, but to answer all the questions, there are two slots and a 5th generation CPU and chipset.  You should be able to use 2X16GB = 32GB of memory.

8GB + 4GB will work fine but you will not be able to use dual-channel access.  In real life operation, dual-channel advantages are more theoretical than actual.  You are unlikely to notice the difference.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
Highlighted
Karo84
Fanfold Paper
Views: 5,437
Message 4 of 5

Up to 32GB? Are you sure about that? It would be great, but I've never find such number when I searched for information.

Good to know, that I don't need to carry about dual channel. I didn't considered buying two 8GB of memory.

Thanks for help!
Karo84
Fanfold Paper
Views: 5,385
Message 5 of 5

I figured out the maximum amount of memory is 16GB. I've just installed additional 8GB and 12GB of total RAM works fine. Thanks for help.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors