07-03-2016 07:38 AM
I've had this B50 for 6 months now and finally decided to update to Windows 10 (Machine Type Model 80LT).
Now that I've updated, everything seems to work great apart from one thing... the Mic in Skype does not seem to work at all.
The Mic works 100% fine in voice recorder but in Skpe the most I can get on the Echo test call when I scream at the laptop is a distorted buzz. Otherwise it's pure silence.
Steps I've taken:
1) Updated Realtek driver to 220.127.116.1153 found on Lenovo Support Site
2) Updated driver through Windows
3) Played around with every setting for recording devices (disable effects, let programs take exclusive access etc).
4) Correct Mic is selected in Skype, tried the few settings possible in there which do nothing for me.
5) In the Lenovo Settings App, tried all the settings in there too which don't do anything.
When I do start a call on Skype - Lenovo settings highlights the Mic in Orange like it's been activated.
Any help would be greatly appreciated as I need Skype for work and can't be having to use my phone for Skype calls all the time!