Options

1 Posts

06-02-2018

IN

2 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 1 of 2

Lenovo B50-80 Warranty Issue with keyboard & authorized service center.

2018-06-02, 14:32 PM

For last few days, the certain keys like T,Y, Shift, Backspace etc..started mulfunctioning. It will work sometimes but it won't work sometimes.

This issue persists for few days, but on a day, when i was typing important documentation , my backspace key started mulfunctioning again and tried multiple times by pressing it as it is urgent work to be completed on time.

The same key got popped out after multiple tries.

My laptop is under warranty until 2019. So i took my laptop for service in an authorized service centre. They said the keypad keys malfunctioing due to the some issue in chip but the same can't replaced under warranty as one of my key was popped out.

They said that even if we fix the backspace key which is popped out , other keys wont work as the issue is with keypad chip.

My question is why i need to pay for the keypad change as the keypad issue is not only with the popped out key. Actually the key is popped out after the keypad was already got defect.

Please help me how to claim a warranty for this case

Mod's Edit: Additional information added to Subject line for clarity of issue.

Options

2953 Posts

02-22-2017

GB

1083 Signins

26243 Page Views

• Views: 26243
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo B50-80 Warranty Issue with keyboard & authorized service center.

2018-06-08, 10:46 AM

Hello RK90

Thanks for using the Lenovo forums.

It depends on what type of warranty you have.

Not all the warranties will cover any physical or accidental damage on the unit, so they won`t be able to authorize a warranty repair for it.

So unless you have a warranty that covers physical damage, then you`ll have to go with what the engineers have advised.

Of course you can always get in touch with your local Lenovo support line for a confirmation/clarficiation of this.

Below is the link to the phone list where you can find these numbers

Hope this helps, let us know how you get on.

==================================================================================
Did someone help you today? Thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Pesszimistának lenni a legjobb, vagy igazad van, vagy kellemesen meglepődsz...
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete