01-06-2016

UK

2 Signins

9 Page Views

• Views: 9
  • Message 1 of 2

Lenovo B50 - 80 Windows 10 Blue Screen of Death

2016-01-06, 21:53 PM

Bought a Lenovo B50 - 80 in September. Did a clean install of Windows 10 and everything worked fine for the first 4 weeks. 

Went away on holiday, came back beginning of Dec and have been getting consistent Blue Screen Error on start up ever since. It is driving me crazy and can take up to 20minutes to boot up, when it decides to. I have run hardware / system checks and all appear OK. I have tried Googling for solution, but can't find one. Others appear to have had something similar from mid Oct, but are running Win 8.1.

I suspect a Microsoft Windows Update may have cause this, as my B50 was fine for weeks with W10.

Anyone else had this problem or suggest a cause / solution? 

Options

15 Posts

11-28-2015

Sweden

12 Signins

139 Page Views

• Views: 139
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo B50 - 80 Windows 10 Blue Screen of Death

2016-01-08, 12:15 PM

I bought a B50-80 on a newyears sale along with a 256GB SSD and it works perfectly with GNU/Linux. You can download a variant of it from https://getfedora.org/ and use that to fix your Windows infestation and make your laptop run smoothly.

I still have the never-used factory-included Windows-infected 120GB SSD, I guess you could try that one if you happen to drop by this country any time soon and see if that works better. It wouldn't solve anything, though, it'd still leave you with a crappy OS that spies on you.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save