Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jaybird2k11
Paper Tape
Views: 125
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo B50-80 boot issues

Well, I have a lenovo b50-80 laptop, that I lent to my nephew for my niece's birthday party. He tried copying some music from an external hard drive to the laptop itself, and in so doing, somehow broke it.

Now, whenever I go to boot it up, it has a little text thing that says "diagnosing your PC", which, when I let it do so, takes for-freaking-EVER to do so. like half an hour, no exaggeration, possibly longer. So naturally, I figured something was wrong, cause when I even let it run through all the maintenance and such, it still refuses to boot properly.

This leads me to believe that there's something screwy with the OS, or maybe the internal hard drive, as I cannot get past any of this. Even trying to access the BIOS, like the forums told me, and resetting the bios to optimal defaults, didn't fix it.

The best I can ascertain, is that my OS is screwed, so if someone has any idea as to how to fix it, I'd appreciate it.

please note: I have used the same External Hard Drive to copy multiple things to multiple devices with no issues at all, including desktops, laptops, tablets, and even smrtphones, of various makes and models, so I'm fairly certain its not the External Drive.

SeniorGuru
Views: 96
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo B50-80 boot issues

Try downloading EasyBCD recovery disk (nominal fee, cheaper than most others). Create the rescue DVD / CD and boot from it.

It is the best resource I know of and it solves most issues with "does not boot" problems in a single pass.

In your case, it sounds like Windows has been corrupted, either missing a driver at start up or the NTLDR file has been removed.

If the rescue disk does not work (rare occurrence) then you may only be able to do a "system refresh" but make sure to select the option to save user data when you do.

Good luck.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors