Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AndBz
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,107
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo B50-80 enable AHCI

Hi,

I have a Lenovo B50-80 EW with Ubuntu 16.04 installed on it and I'm planning on upgrading its HDD to a SDD, in order to optimise my system for the latter I need to enable the AHCI mode, however I don't see the proper option in the BIOS Setup window (the BIOS is InsydeH2O setup utility Rev. 5.0 accessed either from the NOVO button or Fn + F2).

Please, can you help me enablign the AHCI mode?

Thanks,

AB

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 2,091
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo B50-80 enable AHCI

Hello and welcome,

I don't have access to that BIOS to check, but I'd expect AHCI to be the default.

What mode do you think it's in now?  (the choices - if any - would be legacy/compatibility or AHCI)

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

AndBz
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,047
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo B50-80 enable AHCI

Yeah, you're right: AHCI is enabled by default. I haven't find it in the BIOS but I've checked using the command

dmesg | grep -i ahci

Thanks for your help.

AB

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors