Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RiderPRO
What's DOS?
Views: 1,614
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo B5400 CPU upgrade

Hello. I'm just here on a quick question. Is the Lenovo B5400 CPU upgradable? The best would be like I5 ... or I7 ... if possible. I already have 8 GB Ram, good enough Graphics Card and the CPU is the only thing that's slowing down the computer. So is the CPU upgradable?

Thanks for answers

RiderPRO

14johnny304
SCSI Port
Views: 1,577
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo B5400 CPU upgrade

your laptop has a cpu socket FCPGA946 the pga means that contact is made by a series of pins on the cpu. the cpu is not in the manual's list of fru's (field replaceable units). so i would not recomend trying if you are not very computer savy.

if you do decide to upgrade the cpu, i would chose one that your pc comes with (http://www.lenovo.com/shop/emea/content/pdf/Essential/BSeries/en/B5400DSEN.pdf), such as the i5-4200M cpu.

the manual doesnt tell how to replace the cpu, so you are on your own.

SeniorGuru
Views: 1,570
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo B5400 CPU upgrade

I would reccomend contacting Lenovo support team by phone and provide your serial number to them (do not post it here) to speak with them about the upgrade.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors