Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo B and G Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

01-16-2015

Montenegro

7 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 1 of 2

Lenovo B570 boot fail

2015-01-16, 13:08 PM

Hello.

I have Lenovo B570 laptop for two years. I last two months appears error when starting.When I press start button nothing is happening.Start button lights and fan works very hard.After 10 days I started again and was working normally but trought 5 days again same error occurs during the startup. Does anyone has a solution or can teach me what to do about this ? Someone told me that motherboad is dead, someone that problem is with intel graphic ...I dont know, I am sad :/

Options

4308 Posts

11-18-2012

United States of America

9980 Signins

610541 Page Views

• Views: 610541
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo B570 boot fail

2015-01-16, 15:10 PM

Welcome to the Lenovo Community !

From what you have described it sounds like your laptop has a hardware problem.  Try doing what I call a soft reset of the BIOS. This can be useful in some situations to resolve hardware conflicts Here's how......

1. Unplug the charger / adapter
2. Remove the battery.
3. Press and hold the Power Button for 15 seconds.
4. Re-install the battery, plug in the charger / adapter if needed and power up the system to see if the problem was resolved.

If that didn't resolve the problem then I would suggest removing all the hardware from the computer.  Take out the DVD drive, hard drive, wireless card and one of the memory modules if you have two installed.  Try booting up the laptop and see if it run without errors.  If not, try the memory module in the other slot.  If the problem still persists try the other memory module in each slot. If the problem still persists then suspect the motherboard is at fault.  If the laptop boots up then start adding hardware one piece at a time and try booting up the system.  If the laptop continues to boot up add another piece of hardware and boot up.  Do this until you find that the last piece of hardware installed will not boot the computer.  That would then be the faulty piece of hardware that is causing the problem.

The link below is for your model's Hardware Maintenance Manual. It will explain how to remove the various hardware items. When working inside your system please follow all precautions and recommendations that are noted in the manual.

http://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles_pub/lenovo_v570_b570_b570e_hmm_v2.0.pdf

If you don't feel comfortable working inside your laptop then I suggest you contact Lenovo Support for service. You can find the phone number for Lenovo Support in your country or area by using the link below....

http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/supportphonelist_alt1

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms