Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
imcanadian
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,216
Message 1 of 16

Lenovo B575 won't boot at all after format the hard drive

Earlier this week I decided to clean up the hard drive so I format the hard drive by the program called DBAN to format them. When that is done then I want to reinstall the operating system of Windows 7 with my recovery disks. Unfortunately the laptop never quit with restarting even I try to get into BIOS or put the DVD in to install or Multi Boot. Nothing is working now even with no operating system inside the laptop. So what is the solution for this to stop restarting on the laptop. Then I will be able to reinstall the operating system in my laptop. Look forward to see the answer about this.

Thank you,

John

SeniorGuru
Views: 1,197
Message 2 of 16

Re: Lenovo B575 won't boot at all after format the hard drive

Try using the Lenovo button to boot the notebook - then chose to enter BIOS and change the boot order to show the DVD as first, HDD as second.  Save and quit, power cycle the notebook after placing your Recovery Disk in the DVD tray.  This should allow the notebook to boot from DVD so you can perform the recovery.

Good luck.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.
imcanadian
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,182
Message 3 of 16

Want to say thank you for your reply but am not quite sure what you mean with " Try using the Lenovo button to boot the notebook " The second part I know about chose to enter BIOS and change the boot order to show the DVD at first, HDD as second. But not with the Lenovo button. Look forward to hear from you again about this.

John
SeniorGuru
Views: 1,175
Message 4 of 16

@imcanadian wrote:
Want to say thank you for your reply but am not quite sure what you mean with " Try using the Lenovo button to boot the notebook " The second part I know about chose to enter BIOS and change the boot order to show the DVD at first, HDD as second. But not with the Lenovo button. Look forward to hear from you again about this.

John

The maintenance manual has a great deal of information on your notebook including how to use the "Lenovo Button" itself...  Here is a link to it:

B575 Manual in PDF

The Lenovo Button is also sometimes called the OKR button - meaning One Key Recovery.  It is the smaller button next to your notebook power button that has an upside down V on it and you can see its location on the diagram shown on page 64 of the manual.  Pressing it instead of the power button to boot up the notebook will allow you to choose from several options, one of which is to boot the computer into BIOS.

Good luck.

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.
imcanadian
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,170
Message 5 of 16

I did tried this and no luck to boot from that button. When I pressed the Lenovo button to boot up the notebook and it worked but at the end get the same result with continuous restart. I wonder if I destroyed a needed recovery partition that One Key Recovery or my recovery disks (3 DVD Disks) need to function on my laptop. If it is and should I download the freeware program called NeoSmart Easy Recovery Essentails to fix the problem of my laptop. Let me know about this.

Thank you,

John
SeniorGuru
Views: 1,167
Message 6 of 16

When you wiped the partition on the hard disk it may have destroyed the data on the entire disk making it imposible to use the OKR solution from the Lenovo Button..

I did not see in your response that you have changed or been able to change the boot order in BIOS to put the optical drive (CD or DVD) as the first boot device in your system.

CB

imcanadian
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,164
Message 7 of 16

That's what I thought of about " When you wiped the partition on the hard disk it may have destroyed the data on the entire disk making it imposible to use the OKR solution from the Lenovo Button. " Now the second part about if I have changed or been able to change the boot order in BIOS to put the optical drive (CD or DVD) as the first boot device in your system. I am trying to get into BIOS and won't let me get in even trying to tap the key F2 for BIOS. All I see is that laptop just stay in continuous loop with restart even the Lenovo logo is flashing on the laptop screen also three system indicators on top right of the laptop are flashing below the keyboard. Also noticed on top right corner of the laptop with two light System status indicators kept flashing. The second of the three light indicators show flashing is Num lock indicator and the third one is Hard Disk drive indicator. The first one did not flash at all is Caps lock indicator. 

Hope that will help you with this with more information than the previous message I provided to you.

John

imcanadian
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,163
Message 8 of 16

Also I put the different hard drive or Solid State Drive in the laptop to see if that will go away but still the same. Even put the Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 32X disk in and still the same with the continuous restart on my laptop. I tried everything and nothing so far to solve the problem. I wonder if I could take the CMOS battery out and wait for 30 seconds then put back in the laptop to reset the BIOS or not a good idea to do this.

John

imcanadian
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,149
Message 9 of 16

OK in a few minutes ago I find something else that caught my eye when I let my laptop kept restarting then at some point saw the black screen with the line across on top of the laptop screen. And here is the line said " AMD Fusion Wrestler Vbois " So what is that about this information now? Is something wrong with AMD Fusion Wrestler file or what??

Thank you,

John

SeniorGuru
Views: 1,143
Message 10 of 16

The key issue here is not being able to enter BIOS to adjust boot order, so here is a last option:

1. Power off computer, unplug AC adapter and remove battery.

2. Press and hold the power button for at least 30 seconds.

3. Remove hard disk drive from bay.

4. Reattach battery and AC power adapter.

5. Power on and attempt to enter BIOS settings.

If you can enter BIOS, make changes to boot order an save then exit.  Power off notebook, removed AC and Battery then reattach hard disk into bay.  Once installed replace battery and AC then boot system to see if it looks for the CD/DVD drive first.

Good luck.

CB

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors