Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
Message 1 of 1 (467 Views)

Lenovo B590 BIOS update failure! BIOS FLASH! Black screen after trying to update BIOS!

Hello everyone! I ama new user and i am coming up with this post as I couldn`t find any kind of solution for my problem.

Recently I decided to do a reinstallation of my operating system, which also previously was Windows 7 Ultimate (x64). The installation went as usual, and after finishing it I went on to install all the latest drivers from the Lenovo site, for my product. When getting close to installing almost all the drivers i`ve needed, i stumbled upon a new version of the BIOS amnd the drivers and sfotware recommended for my laptop, by the producer. So i proceeded to install the upgrade, restarted the computer when it prompted me to do so, but after the so-called restart the laptop did not boot up as usual. At first it was telling me to not do anything as the BIOS is being flashed and then it was telling me something about some sort of image processing, things that i did not understand at the time (i have never encountered anything like that). After that my screen turned black. I have not done anything for a few couple of minutes as i thought it was supposed to be like that, but then i just force shut it down and unplugged the AC adapter. When trying to boot it all up again, the only thing i got was a black screen and nothing else.

After doing a little bit of research it appears that, somehowm i`ve managed to corrupt the bios on my laptop or something, and nothing else would work at this point. I tried to remove the BIOS battery and the ram and then put them all back, tryed resetting the bios by taking out the battery but nothing would work. I would be really thankful if anyone would be kind enough to point me one way or another as i do not know what to do at all. 

Around the webz i found some way of creating a bootable usb flash drive where i would put a compatible version of BIOS from the site and then install it onto the laptop but i do not quite know how to do that properly either, as the software they are pointing me to (wincrisis) is not working by any means.

Top kudoed Authors