Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CylonSK
Paper Tape
Views: 4,792
Message 1 of 6

Lenovo B590 cannot access BIOS - UEFI disabled

Hi I have changed boot order and also I have disabled UEFI in order to install linux on other partition(not done yet). as I always do on other laptops. But now after changing to legacy mode I cannot access BIOS anymore. I got pxe-e61 error. OK so I insert USB linux drive and it is working properly with live boot. 

But I realy need to boot Windows, but it is not possible becoáuse of UEFI being turnd off. Also It is not possible to access bios, because BIOS was accessed from recovery windows menu, whitch doesnt load anymore.

Also when it is booting up (lenovo logo) I press esc (no other keys are workind) which open menu where I "can" boot to BIOS. So I press F1 menu dissapears but I end up with same PXE-E61 error.

Any advice how to enter BIOS and change it back to UEFI mode ?

thanks

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 4,779
Message 2 of 6

Re: Lenovo G590 cannot access BIOS - UEFI disabled

I hope you meant to say Lenovo B590, because I cannot find any reference to a Lenovo G590

Not sure why, but others have reported that to regain access to the BIOS, you have to do the following.

• remove the battery and power, then remove the back panel.
  • remove the BIOS battery.    See page 44, 45 and 52 of the Hardware Maintenance Manual
  • leave it for a couple of minutes (I would say 5 minutes or more).
  • replace the BIOS battery and the cover, then the battery and then the power
  • Boot up and use F1 / F2 to go into the bios

Hardware Maintenance Manual Lenovo B590

https://download.lenovo.com/pccbbs/mobiles_pdf/b590_hmm_en.pdf

I hope it works for you too.

Good Luck,

CylonSK
Paper Tape
Views: 4,765
Message 3 of 6

Thanks, I will try it as soon as I get home.
Hope it will reset everything properly
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 4,742
Message 4 of 6

Can you access BIOS by powering on using the recovery button instead of the power button, or by pressing F1 when powering up using the regular power button?

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Moto English

CylonSK
Paper Tape
Views: 4,738
Message 5 of 6

I cannot acces bios at all, anything i doo i endup in the loop mentioned before :/

but I just arrived home, so I will try to remove hybernate files from windows partition, maybe it will help
CylonSK
Paper Tape
Views: 4,736
Message 6 of 6

I have a question,

Removing battery wil reset bios to default, Will it also remove windows licence key ?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors