What's DOS?
Message 1 of 4 (214 Views)

Lenovo B590 won't start Windows 8

Guru
Message 2 of 4 (186 Views)

Re: Lenovo B590 won't start Windows 8

More information is needed... IE

1. Is it "stuck" on the Lenovo screen?
2. Does it power on, then shut off immediately?
3. Can you power up using the Novo button?
4. Can you enter BIOS using the F2 at boot option?

If you can supply answers, and add any additional information it would be most helpful in finding an answer to your problem.

Cheers.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 4 (178 Views)

Hi Guru

1.  No, not stuck on Lenovo screen, I don't even see that screen. It goes straight to "choose your language, I choose US English, then choose keyboard style, I choose US, then I choose exit and load Windows 8.  It then starts the above procedure all over again.

2. When I switch on, I get the same as above every time. It doesn't shut down unless I choose shut down.

3. Have tried the novo button, the same as above happens.

4.haven't been able to do this one

Guru
Message 4 of 4 (170 Views)

Rasta2 wrote:

Hi Guru

1.  No, not stuck on Lenovo screen, I don't even see that screen. It goes straight to "choose your language, I choose US English, then choose keyboard style, I choose US, then I choose exit and load Windows 8.  It then starts the above procedure all over again.

2. When I switch on, I get the same as above every time. It doesn't shut down unless I choose shut down.

3. Have tried the novo button, the same as above happens.

4.haven't been able to do this one

Do you have access to a Linux OS Live DVD, such as Linux Mint?  If you can run it from the DVD drive, it will "Demo" the Linux OS and allow you to test your hard disk drive without damaging or overwriting anything.  A "Live DVD" does not install the Linux OS until you tell it to - so nothing is harmed on the host computer.

If the Live DVD can run successfully, it means that something is wrong with the hard disk drive, and you will need a set of recovery disks to restore windows successfully.  If you do not have your recovery disks you can obtain them from Lenovo Support.

Good luck.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.
Top kudoed Authors