cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chakra17
What's DOS?
Views: 5,032
Message 1 of 5

Lenovo Boot screen not displayed on external display.

Hello,

I have Lenovo G505s laptop with broken screen so I use external display. Earlier, this display use to show Lenovo splash screen and boot screen on startup. Recently I updated my BIOS to recent version. Since then I am unable to see splash screen. I directly reach Windows logon screen.

I want to reach BIOS but it isnt displayed. Please help.

Thanks.

System> Windows 8.1

Model> Lenovo G505s

chakra17
What's DOS?
Views: 4,994
Message 2 of 5

Re: Lenovo Boot screen not displayed on external display.

Hello,

Somehow I got to make it work. Its easy and I thought I will share with you all.

All I did was change the Boot mode from UEFI to Legacy and it started showing boot scrren on external monitor. Again this was tricky and had to be done blindly.

Here are the keystrokes:

First shutdown your laptop.

Now press Novo button (small button besides power button) to turn on laptop and follow keystroke as follow:

'down arrow' 'enterkey' 'right arrow' 'right arrow' 'right arrow' 'enter key' 'down arrow' 'enter key' 'right arrow' 'enter key' 'enter key'

Now your laptop would reboot and show boot screen on external monitor.

Cheers!!

cyrr3t
What's DOS?
Views: 4,482
Message 3 of 5

Does anyone know how to do the same for t430? I do not want to press random keystrokes blindly. My screen died as well.
gopspl
What's DOS?
Views: 4,489
Message 4 of 5

I have Lenovo G510 with broken screen - now use external monitor on D-Sub.

Now I have problem with Windows and I need to run UEFI/BIOS - how do it ?

Mod's Comment: Merged this posting with existing discussion.  Please do not start multiple posts on same issue as this only splinters the discussion. Instead, keep your current discussion updated with any additional information.  Thanks !

jenniferleighr5
What's DOS?
Views: 2,338
Message 5 of 5

Hello

I not sure if I doing this right . I want to write 

Somehow I got to make it work. Its easy and I thought I will share with you all.

All I did was change the Boot mode from UEFI to Legacy and it started showing boot scrren on external monitor. Again this was tricky and had to be done blindly.

Here are the keystrokes:

First shutdown your laptop.

Now press Novo button (small button besides power button) to turn on laptop and follow keystroke as follow:

'down arrow' 'enterkey' 'right arrow' 'right arrow' 'right arrow' 'enter key' 'down arrow' 'enter key' 'right arrow' 'enter key' 'enter key'

Now your laptop would reboot and show boot screen on external monitor.

Cheers!!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors