Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vulturul21
What's DOS?
Views: 9,987
Message 1 of 4

Lenovo Essential G580, audio combo jack problem

Hello,

I have recently bought a laptop Lenovo G580 and installed windows 7 on it.
My laptop has one audio combo jack so I have bought one adaptercable stereo jack 3.5mm 4 layer > 2x3.5mm stereo jack 3 layer ( http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/141/65344m.jpg/ ). When I connect the adaptor to my laptop it is recognized as external headphone and mic how it should be, but when I connect my headphones to this adaptor, my laptop doesn't recognize it any more and I can't hear any sound in my headphones.

When my adaptor is connected to my laptop the sound from the speakers stops and when I connect my headphone to this adaptor the sound from the laptop speakers starts again and the adaptor is no longer recognized.

I installed the latest audio drivers from lenovo and directx11 and didnt solved my problem.

If you have any idea please let me know about it.
Thank you

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 9,959
Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo Essential G580, audio combo jack problem

Hi Vulturul,

please try connect the adapter to the headphone first, then connect the adapter to the laptop,

if still not working, maybe adapter is defective.

Headphones (without mike) with 3-conductor 3.5mm stereo plug can be plugged into 4-conductor

combo jack directly without adapter, the laptops build-in mike will then be used automatically.

Links are not working!

Zehn

vulturul21
What's DOS?
Views: 9,732
Message 3 of 4

Thank you for your answer

Still doesn't work, in windows7.  

In linux mint 14 works

Highlighted
Sengerandu
Paper Tape
Views: 413
Message 4 of 4

I have tried with several headphones. It works sometimes, and sometimes only one side can be heard. If we fiddle around with the jack by trying to insert with manual adjustment, then it works at times. The same headphone works fine with other devices, hence it is not an issue with the headphones. I guess, it has something to do with the sound hardware which is either too sensitive or very insensitive to the resistances in the jack (so that it can not sense or oversenses). 

Yesterday, I took the laptop to the market and tried with more than 10 varieties of headphones with TRRS jacks (made for mobile devices). None seemed to work. 

Lenovo should release a small documentation about how the hardware senses whether a compatible jack has been iserted or not. It affects multiple users and multiple OS, repeatable and persistent. Hence, it must be taken as a priority and should not be avoided as is being in most support threads (marking unresolved support chat as solved, which is very unprofessional).

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors