Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mahdhir2005
Not applicable
Views: 4,308
Message 1 of 5

Lenovo G40-70 Bricked by BIOS Update

Hi all,

Need help on my Lenovo G40-70 that I've just bought 6 months ago where I accidently bricked the laptop after BIOS update. It seems during the BIOS updating process it when well but after 2nd reboot there's some message on the screen that the BIOS failed to update factory setting and it freeze on the message for quiet sometimes. After a long wait I decided to long press Start button for hard reboot. Then the scary part comes in where it seems the laptop can't longer shows the Lenovo logo & cannot even boot to Windows, just black screen.

Hope anyone can help me on this and give some advice on what I'm going to do. I would like to tried myself first before ending up with warranty claim since I'm worried I've brick the warranty due to wrong BIOS update procedure....

Solid_Cruver
Not applicable
Views: 4,253
Message 2 of 5

Re: Lenovo G40-70 Bricked by BIOS Update

hi mahdhir2005,

Im sorry to hear that.

I would suggest you call the Lenovo Technical Team regarding the Issue. If it is the BIOS that's causing the issue then there maybe no source or option to have it fixed without they're help or service.

If the BIOS software you downloaded was from a legit Lenovo Site and correct model, then I think It will be ok to Just report them what happened and ask for possible option.

Hope this helped

Thanks!

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

mahdhir2005
Not applicable
Views: 4,245
Message 3 of 5

I think the BIOS software that I've download is from a legit Lenovo site but the only thing is I might be mess up with uncorrect model...is G40-30 share the same BIOS with G40-70? coz from the link that I've download indicate a G40-30 in it...http://download.lenovo.com/consumer/hnt/lenovo_g40_30_g50_30_bsod_solution_20140925.pdf

Solid_Cruver
Not applicable
Views: 4,238
Message 4 of 5

hi mahdhir2005,

Thanks for Posting back.

I checked it out and G40 70 has a diff BIOS firmware than the g40 30

Still I strongly suggest you call support now and report it. and ask for your option.

Still The Lenovo Depot team can easily revert the problem.

http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/supportphonelist_alt1

Let me know what happen.

Thanks

Solid Cruver.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

MonoStev
Not applicable
Views: 2,346
Message 5 of 5

Hi

You can fix it? 

I try to update te BIOS of my g40-70 but don't works, now is bricked and i don't know what I can do, please tell me the way you can fix it. Thanks

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors