cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joef
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 353
Message 1 of 4

Lenovo G40-70 - only charging in Battery Protection Mode?

I was unable to charge my laptop unless it was turned off. Then when I turned it on, it would say "plugged in, not charging".

Old thread: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-G40-70-Plugged-in-not-charging/m...

After trying a few things, I changed the Battery Health option in the Lenovo Energy Management app to "Battery Protection Mode" and now it seems to be charging.

Anyone familiar with this problem? Anything I can do to make it charge all the time?

Thanks.

SeniorGuru
Views: 328
Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo G40-70 - only charging in Battery Protection Mode?

The system communicates with the batteries embedded electronics to determine charge status, rate of charge / discharge and even cell status (dead or dying).

My suspicion is that the battery itself may be on the way out (not charging correctly) due to faults in the charging board. I would try to reset the charging board using Lenovo tools, and if still not working replace the battery with known good.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.
Highlighted
joef
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 315
Message 3 of 4

Thanks.

do you know where I can find the tools to: 

reset the charging board using Lenovo tools

SeniorGuru
Views: 311
Message 4 of 4

Lenovo Diagnostics for Battery, also may be in Lenovo Energy Management. It vairies with different OS and notebooks.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors