Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HasibAhmed
What's DOS?
Views: 253
Message 1 of 5

Lenovo G40-80 does not boot,even nova button does not work

I was downgrading from windows 10 to 8.1,  with a clean install,suddenly lenovo logo appeared, now whatever I do I am stuck on that,can't even enter the bios,nova button also leads to the same logo

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 196
Message 2 of 5

Re: Lenovo G40-80 does not boot,even nova button does not work

Hi HasibAhmed!

Welcome to the Community Forums. 

Please do a power drain by removing all connected devices (ac adapter, USB flash drive, etc.), shut it down and hold down the power button for 60 seconds. Turn it back on after a few minutes and observe. Try to access BIOS again with steps here, https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht500216?CID=ww:lenovosocial:20x9m6. Load default settings then save and exit. 

Regards,

Joelsoncs
Paper Tape
Views: 102
Message 3 of 5

Hi, my issue looks like the same. I did upgrade my G40-80 from Win 8.1 to Win 10. After changing some pre installed Lenovo programs to the newer version from support site download section my Win10 64 starts to be so instable, with the blue screen being showed, that I decided first to recover keeping personal files. No way. Then recovery from scratch. None. 

So I went to the BIOS and changed boot device to Legacy, in order to reinstall windows using a pen drive. After saving this new configuration, it doesn't boot anymore. Even the Lenovo logo screen isn't showed, just black screen. Did everything recommended, drained energy, removed CMOS battery, nothing worked. 

Any other idea? 

Best, ever! 

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 93
Message 4 of 5

Hi! What is the exact error code when it goes to a blue screen? Are you having issues prior to upgrading to Windows 10? Is it still able to boot to BIOS? If yes, is the HDD detected under the information tab? Let us know.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Joelsoncs
Paper Tape
Views: 80
Message 5 of 5

Hi, let's go like Jack ... in parts ...
a) I did not check the error code at system log when it showed the BSOD. Maybe I can access it by removing the HD and accessing it using another computer. Gonna check it later.

b) No issues when using Win 8.1. I upgraded to Win10 a long time ago, when it was free of charge. The instability started when I removed OneKey Optimizer, Energy Manager and other sw, replacing them with Lenovo Diagnostics and other update to deal with hw.

c) All the Win10 restore tries (keeping personal files and clean) were undone on reboot due to something I couldn't discover yet.

d) After changing BIOS setup to boot from legacy devices (DVD or USB - changing also the boot order) and save the configuration, nothing happens other than black screen. System turns on (DVD, HD, fan works for some seconds than turn them off) and both leds keeps on until you turn off the system.

e) Since I'm not able to access the BIOS anymore ... no matter if the devices are plugged in or not ... even using an external monitor, no info about the HDD. I kept the CMOS without any battery for a night and nothing changed.

I already decided to change the mainboard BIOS chip with a new one. But the issue is, how could it happen during just a BIOS setup configuration change and save, since the notebook was plugged in the power line and with 50% of battery charge?

Does anyone have the information about the number of BIOS chips the ACLU3/ACLU4 NM-A361 mainboard uses?
And also their localization in the mainboard.

Thank you!
Joe

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors