Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
laconh
Paper Tape
Views: 350
Message 1 of 9

Lenovo G40-80 screen backlight won't turn on

Hello everyone,

Last week's Wednesday I used my Lenovo G40-80 to do my college homework at the afternoon. It went all normally, I turned off the notebook and get to my college.

At night, when I returned, I tried to turn on the notebook and was given the error when the system don't booted and both the led aside the camera and the fan turned on for almost two seconds and then turned off. 

After many attempts, and seeing some topics here, I tried to turn on my Lenovo using the recovery button. It worked,the system booted up normally. Problem is that the system gave video, but LCD backlight is off.

I am very anxious about the possibility of being a software problem, giving the fact that the F9 key has a feature similar to the problem i'm suffering (LCD backlight on/off) and also the fact that if I connect my laptop into a TV or another screen via HDMI/Vga cables, video is showed nornally.

I've done a video showing my problem and uploaded it on YouTube, here's the link:

https://youtu.be/deGQw-88x68

Please, do someone has any answers to this problem? I have urgency to return using my computer, in order to continue to do my homeworks.

Thanks in advance.

laconh
Paper Tape
Views: 298
Message 2 of 9

Re: Lenovo G40-80 screen backlight won't turn on

Hello, I've tried both ways a number of times when the problem come in, but unfortunately didn't worked. Brightness is in maximum and F9 key does not give effect.
Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 293
Message 3 of 9

Please try updating the display driver and the BIOS. You may download the display driver and BIOS update here: https://support.lenovo.com/us/en 

Update us how it goes. 

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

laconh
Paper Tape
Views: 288
Message 4 of 9

Hello, link is not working, I got a 404 error. Am I doing something wrong?

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 285
Message 5 of 9

Sorry about that. could you try this link/url instead https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

laconh
Paper Tape
Views: 284
Message 6 of 9

Ok, I've tried updating the bios and video driver by downloading them from Lenovo G40-80 page, bios is updated and ok by now. unfortunately, problem persists. However, the video driver gave me trouble: I downloaded and installed but was gave an error message from Intel saying driver is not validated for my system. problem is the OS is the original, that come in with my notebook (Windows 10 Pro).

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 272
Message 7 of 9

Just to confirm, is the screen already dimmed whenever you boot the laptop into Windows? if yes, this is a not a software issue but more of a hardware problem with the LCD. You may contact our technical support for repair options.

Regards,

laconh
Paper Tape
Views: 268
Message 8 of 9

Yes, I've already contacted technical assistance in order to solve this - and another - problems. Unfortunately this entanglement was late and I needed to take my notebook again to my use. However, the technicians ensured me that this might be a software problem.

There's no other solution? I can't afford by now getting far from my computer due to my college homeworks.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 262
Message 9 of 9

To verify if this is hardware or software, boot it in BIOS and check if the screen is still dim. If it is, then it is hardware issue. Steps here, https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht500216.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors