Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jasipi
Paper Tape
Views: 1,933
Message 1 of 5

Lenovo G40 Conexant SmartAudio HD EQ??

Well, the audio is horrible and i can't find an EQ for it anywhere. There's lots of fuzzy noise and there's hardly any bass. There are random volume changes when listening to music, particularly in areas of the music where more instruments come in, as if the audio drivers are trying to sort out all the frequencies.

I want to improve it, or even get rid of it altogether. Is there a way to improve this soundcard and drivers?

If not, can someone recommend a small and cheap, but effective USB sound card that would be good for listening to music?

Thank you!

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 1,867
Message 2 of 5

Re: Lenovo G40 Conexant SmartAudio HD EQ??

Hi Jasipi, Welcome to the Forums As per the query we understood that you are facing issue with audio in your Lenovo G40 laptop. Uninstall the current driver and restart the machine and check for the issue, also reinstall the driver and check for the issue. Click here for audio driver for windows 7. Click here for audio driver for windows 8.1. Click here for audio driver for windows 10. Best regards, let us know the result. Ashwin. S

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Jasipi
Paper Tape
Views: 1,840
Message 3 of 5

I returned the laptop. Sorry Lenovo.

teaghigo
What's DOS?
Views: 1,118
Message 4 of 5

I ashwin, I recently got a Lenovo ideapad 100 and I have some problem with the audio: when watching a video on youtube the audio id fine, but it's not fine anymore when I try to watch a movie in streaming even if it is set to be 100%.
I tried to look for an equalizer in Control Panel and found SmartAudio. Unfortunately, from there I can control only the intensity of the volume (the same that I can do by digiting ctrl+f2 and ctrl+f3) and not the intensity of basses, etc.

Do you know how I can turn the volume up beyond 100%?
Thanks in advance.
Tea 

SeniorGuru
Views: 1,114
Message 5 of 5

You are posting to a 2 year old thread - you may have better luck creating a new thread with your question and include the machine ID (not serial numbers) in the post.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors