Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
manali13
Paper Tape
Views: 1,328
Message 1 of 5

Lenovo G40 speakers not working

Hi

My G40 notebook is only a year old. After upgrading it to Windows 10, I've been having a lot of issues with the audio in my pc. The speakers dont work at all. When I use headphones or external speakers sound comes in through through only the left side. I've tried a lot of the suggestions I found across this community but none have helped so far.

Could someone please help me fix this issue?

Guru
Views: 1,298
Message 2 of 5

Re: Lenovo G40 speakers not working

Hey there. Please try download the audio drivers for Windows 10 for your computer. Link: http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops%20and%20netbooks/lenovo%20g%20series%20laptops/g40%... Let me know if you still need help. 

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

manali13
Paper Tape
Views: 1,288
Message 3 of 5

Hi

I tried installing the driver from the link you sent but the installation failed because it could not detect any devices?

What does that mean and how do I get around it :/

manali13
Paper Tape
Views: 1,282
Message 4 of 5

Update:  

I uninstalled the previous drivers. This brought back sound to the speakers, but they would continue to play even after I had plugged in my headphones. In other words, automatic switch from speaker to headphones and vice versa was not happening. I could use either of them at a time by enabling it in the playback devices option.

I looked up a few forums with similar issues, one of them suggested the change of "maximum memory" to 3072 by typing "msconfig.exe" in run. I did that. Then I re-installed the audio driver (Conexant for Windows 10) and rebooted. 

Now the speakers are not working again. The headphones are not even beng recognized or showing in the list of playback devices. The only sound that's coming out of the laptop is from the left side when I plug in external speakers or the headphone. Basically I'm back where I started. 

Clearly Conexant is not the answer. So can someone please suggest something else? I'm desperately in need of sound (lectures for semester exam due in 2 days!!)

Guru
Views: 1,277
Message 5 of 5

I've never seen that issue before. Have you tried contacting support? They may have updated drivers or an answer to your issue.

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors