Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Drizzt
Paper Tape
Views: 1,649
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo G410 chipset question

Hi! I was wondering if there will be updates to the Oct 2007 chipset of the G410 (T2390 processor)? I tried using the latest intel chipset from their webpage (and with a fresh install at that) but it took out all my USB devices including the card reader (which all weren't restored even after I installed all the drivers). I'm just saying this because an old game like Warcraft 3 hangs the whole laptop just after you click on Single Player or the like.

Now, I am wondering if this has anything to do with the chipset (outdated)? Or the video drivers (I installed the latest Intel X3100 drivers on the Intel site after installing the chipset from the Lenovo site).

Are the video drivers on Intel's page just the same as the ones on the Lenovo page, albeit newer? Or do the video drivers on the Lenovo page contain something extra and tailor-made for that particulat system?

It just drives me nuts because machines slower than mine and also on integrated Intel X3100 cards can run Warcraft3 seamlessly and without any crashes, BSOD's, whatsoever.

Hope someone here can provide assistance.

Retired Guru
Views: 1,437
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo G410 chipset question

Seems like you need the latest intel inf update and graphics.
//help will save the world

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors