Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jm9327
Paper Tape
Views: 5,144
Message 1 of 8

Lenovo G470 atikmpag.sys problem

I encountered the BSOD with the problem about atikmpag.sys

It seems like I made a wrong choice about deleting it, (solution from internet searching)

2.png

and now the Display Adapters doesn't work anymore as you can see in the pictures

1.png

after deleting the atikmpag.sys during safe mode, It somehow resolved the problem about the BSOD and my laptop are finally starting properly

now the problem is about the resolution, it's not the same anymore, it's too low and somehow the screen is blurry, as you can see at the Graphics section, the maximum resolution I can only choose is 1024 x 768, which is supposed to be 1366 x 768 (HD) if i'm not mistaken,

3.png 

I need your help on how to fix this I hope i can turn it back to normal., I don't have a CD installer (if it is supposed to have one) to re-install it, and about downloading from other sites I'm a little bit concerned about that so I haven't tried it yet.. and it seems like Lenovo has its own installer... Pls help ASAP

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 5,120
Message 2 of 8

Re: Lenovo G470 atikmpag.sys problem

hi jm9327,

Welcome to the Lenovo Forums.

The G470 with a dual GPU (Intel+AMD), uses a muxless driver (this is a custom driver that switches the discrete AMD Graphics to the Intel Graphics to save power). If you have installed a different driver, this may cause system instability (including BSOD).

If you're running on Windows 7, try the following::

1. Follow this guide on how to disable automatic driver installation.

2. Install these drivers in order (reboot if necessary)

(1st)  - Intel Onboard Graphics Driver for Windows 7 (64-bit)

(2nd)  - AMD Video Driver for Windows 7 (32-bit, 64-bit)

When finished, check if the yellow exclamation marks are gone under Device Manager > Display Adapters and observe the screen resolution adjustment and BSOD occurrence.

Let me know how it goes.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

jm9327
Paper Tape
Views: 5,107
Message 3 of 8

1. After trying to install #1 here's what happened

4.png

#2 Tried to install it then BSOD reccur.

What should I do now?

Do I have to uninstall the existing one first?

Tried again #1 after installing #2 during safe mode and the error didn't happen, it go throught but it said that the installed program is updated than the one i'm installing.. should I proceed?

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 5,095
Message 4 of 8

hi jm9327,

Can you try these steps:

1. Reboot the machine and continuously tap F8 on boot-up. On the Advanced Boot Options screen, choose Disable driver signature enforcement. When you get the Windows desktop screen, navigate to the C:\Drivers\VGA folder and run the setup.exe to install the Intel Display Driver.

- Link to picture

2. If you still get the same The driver is not validated for this computer error, open the following:

- Device Manager

- Display Adapters

- Intel HD Graphics (Right Click > Properties)

- Driver Tab

- Update Driver

- Browse my computer for driver software

- Let me pick from a list of device drivers

- Have Disk... 

- Browse

- navigate to the C:\Drivers\VGA\Graphics folder and choose kit33927.inf and click ok to install the display driver 

When finished, reboot the machine. To check if the drver is installed successfully, check the driver tab if it shows the version 8.15.10.2342.

More info:

How to Manually Install a Driver in Microsoft Windows 7

- C:\Drivers\VGA\Installation_Readme.txt

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

jm9327
Paper Tape
Views: 5,083
Message 5 of 8

Solution #2 worked and it's now 1360x768 thanks

but....

it's not Mobile Intel HD Graphics anymore, is it alright?

5.png

And....

AMD Radeon HD 6370M is still not working.... 

this suddenly popped up

6.png

tried reinstalling it using the setup.exe from the driver folder but BSOD recurr... what should I do now? 

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 4,923
Message 6 of 8

hi jm9327,

Good to know the steps above worked for you and it's fine that it's now showing Intel HD Graphics Family.

As for the AMD Dislpay Driver installation, can you try these steps:

1. Download and install Display Driver Uninstaller, select AMD/ATI on the Graphics Driver then choose Uninstall the current and previous drivers and restart the computer (Highly Recommended)

2. After the restart, navigate to the c:\drivers\AMD Video Driver and run the setup.exe to install the display driver and the catalyst control center.

If the The catalyst control center is not supported by the driver version of your enabled graphics error still pops-up, try installing the driver manually (see method 2 above except you need to choose C7156763.inf from the c:\drivers\AMD Video Driver\Packages\Drivers\Display\W76A_INF\ folder)

Regards

jm9327
Paper Tape
Views: 4,651
Message 7 of 8

is that link safe? it's blocked by google chrome should I proceed? and which version should I choose?
dennis88
Paper Tape
Views: 2,481
Message 8 of 8

Good day!

I have the same issue as the author of the thread. Machine: g570. System: Windows 32-bit.

I did perform the step you proposed. 

During the launch of Windows, BSoD occured with "atikmpag.sys"-problem.

In Windows safe mode, Display adapters are:

- AMD Radeon HD 6370M

- Intel(R) HD Graphics Family.

After installation of Intel Onboard Graphics Driver (before AMD Radeon driver), the screan resolution in Windows normal mode is 1024*768 maximum.

Tell me please, what should I do to get solve the problem with atikmpag.sys file.

BR,

Dennis

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors