Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mkmm9
What's DOS?
Views: 427
Message 1 of 5

Lenovo G470 battery connection lost

Hi 

I was watching a movie and laptop went shutdown. I connected charger and battery was showing 76%. I removed charger and it immediately went off again.

Now it starts only if connected to charger and goes off as soon as charger is removed.

Any suggestions please

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 399
Message 2 of 5

Re: Lenovo G470 battery connection lost

Hi Mkmm9,

Welcome to Lenovo Community!

As per the query we understood that you are facing an issue with the battery charging.

Please disconnect all the external devices connected to the system. Also remove battery and adapter as well.

Now press and hold the power button for 30 seconds and turn on the machine and check for the issue.

Remove the battery from your laptop and check the battery connection "pins" in the laptop. The pins are the vertical slots in the center of the battery tray. See if perhaps one or more may have been bent enough to not make contact with the battery pins. Also check to see if lint, dirt or some other foreign matter has gotten between the pins on either the battery or the laptop. Have you tried the battery from the other laptop? If a different battery doesn't work, your problem is with the laptop pins. One or more may have broken or become disconnected. Try all possible combinations to narrow down the trouble spot.

Hope this helps! Do post us back for further queries.

Best regards,

Ashwin.S

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

mkmm9
What's DOS?
Views: 383
Message 3 of 5

It did not work

Clarification: The computer does not work even for a fraction of second on battery after removal of charging cord. It turns on only is cord is connected and turns off as soon as I remove cord.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 375
Message 4 of 5

Hi Mkmm9,

Thank you for replying, I apologize for the delay in reply

As per the query we understood that you are facing an issue with the battery charging.

As you have mentioned when you remove the charger the system turn off, can you check in other battery and confirm on the issue.

Try to update the battery firmware and check for the issue.

Hope this helps! Do post us back for further queries.                                     

Best regards,    

Ashwin.S

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

SS36
What's DOS?
Views: 145
Message 5 of 5

even i tried the same but it dint work ,laptop immediately turns off when i remove the power cord. if I keep the battery aside the charge keeps decreasing

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors