Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CJ01
What's DOS?
Views: 459
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo G470 with error code 0xc0000225

I recently acquired this laptop, and upon start up a notification popped up stating: Recovery Your PC/Device needs to be repaired.

The application or operating system couldn't be loaded because a required file is missing or contains errors.

File:\Widows\system 32\winload exe.

Error code: 0xc0000225

So, that is basically it. I would liketo know what that code signifys, and what I can do to rectify the problem. 

Thank you, CJ01

SeniorGuru
Views: 419
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo G470 with error code 0xc0000225

@CJ01 wrote:

I recently acquired this laptop, and upon start up a notification popped up stating: Recovery Your PC/Device needs to be repaired.

The application or operating system couldn't be loaded because a required file is missing or contains errors.

File:\Widows\system 32\winload exe.

Error code: 0xc0000225

So, that is basically it. I would liketo know what that code signifys, and what I can do to rectify the problem. 

Thank you, CJ01

The error code is from the Windows Boot Loader - it is not able to find / use files required by the operating system.  This usually happens when the hard disk is corrupted, or has read errors.  You might try using "EasyBCD" to fix the boot files if possible.  If that does not work, you may need to run a diagnostic on the hard drive (S.M.A.R.T. test) to see if it is a hardware issue.  If the diagnostic fails, replacing the hard drive and reloading windows will be the only reliable option.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors