Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chris_Ral
Paper Tape
Views: 20,962
Message 1 of 8

Lenovo G50-30 N3540 RAM upgrade

How many ram slots does 80G0 have? because i see only one.What is the max capacity? i will have to buy

one stick 8 giga or add onother 4 if i want to upgrade to 8 gigas?

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 20,800
Message 2 of 8

Re: Lenovo G50-30 N3540 RAM upgrade

Welcome to the Lenovo Community !

Your computer only has one memory slot available with a maximum capacity of 8 GBs in that slot.

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 20,798
Message 3 of 8

hi Chris_Ral,

In addition to what Majestic have said, from page 28 of the HMM,  the G50-30 (80G0) supports:

Standard memory

• DDR3L, SODIMM × 1 / SODIMM × 2 (max 8 GB / 16 GB)

Since the G50-30 (80G0) only have one SODIMM slot (according to this site) you will need to purchase a single 8GB DDR3L-1600 (1.35V) for the upgrade.

- Sample item

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebppl and Twitter!

Chris_Ral
Paper Tape
Views: 20,779
Message 4 of 8

Can i adjust ram timings at bios? or is it only  auto? because there are some memory at 1600 clock 9 and my system only rans 1333.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 20,774
Message 5 of 8

Your computer's BIOS doesn't offer any options to adjust memory timings.  If you install DDR3 1600 memory in a 1333 system the memory module with automatically perform at the DDR3 1333 speed.

Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

Reezy
What's DOS?
Views: 6,648
Message 6 of 8

I am painfully typing this with a slow standard 2GB memory card inserted into my G50-30 Lenovo operating on windows 10 and I refuse to downgrade.

My question however is that I have noticed from other youtube clips there are 2 slots inside the machine that looks like it could accommodate more than 1 memory card upgrade. is there at all a possibility in this happening if I had to insert 2x 4GB memory cards on either side?

What are the risks involved with carrying out this task myself?

Is 8GB the maximum capacity for this model? Could I insert a 16GB memory card without the system crashing or update needed?

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 6,623
Message 7 of 8

Welcome to the Lenovo Community Reezy !

Although some G50 models may have two memory slots available, the G50-30 only has one from the information I am viewing.  The easiest way to double check is to remove the cover and have a look inside. 

And yes, 8 GBs is the maximum you can install.  Installing anything larger will most like cause the system to not boot up.

Your model's Hardware Maintenance Manual will explain how to remove the cover and to remove or install memory.  I have included a link below for that manual for your reference......

https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles_pub/lenovo_g_z_50_series_hmm.pdf

Here is an additional resource from a popular on-line memory seller that confirms the memory specifications required by your system........

http://www.crucial.com/usa/en/compatible-upgrade-for/Lenovo/lenovo-g50-30

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 6,581
Message 8 of 8
Moved:

ThinkPad T470p Consultant !!! (Tư vấn ThinkPad T470p !!!)

Top Kudoed Authors