Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
netbis
Paper Tape
Views: 880
Message 1 of 8

Lenovo G50-30 bios freeze after loading default settings

Hi everyone,

I have a G50-30 laptop, and i wanted to install win7. When i enter the bios, do some changes  i can save and exit.

But when i choose load default settings and then save changes (or exit saving changes) it freezes.

The bios version was 48, i also tried with version 40 same problem.

How can I fix this issue.

Thanks.

SeniorGuru
Views: 820
Message 2 of 8

Re: Lenovo G50-30 bios freeze after loading default settings

By "freezes" are you meaning it will not load the operating system (Windows 7?) or will not post (Lenovo Logo)?

Usually the first thing to try is a power drain / reset. This can be done by removing the main battery and ac adapter, then pressing and holding down the on button for 30 seconds.

Once completed go into BIOS and try setting defaults.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.
netbis
Paper Tape
Views: 806
Message 3 of 8

Hello and thank you for your response,

by freezing I'm talking about the bios utility itself. The screen remains at the exit tab like in the image below, and not responding at all.

6.jfif

I tried your solution but it is still freezing.

I installed windows 10 (64 bits) in UEFI mode with no problem. Everything seems ok, the only problem is when saving default settings in the bios.

It's a newly installed motherboard. Is it possible that the defaults are wrong or corrupted?

SeniorGuru
Views: 792
Message 4 of 8

It sounds like an issue within the boot loader or bios that is preventing the system from working. If it is just happening with WIndows 7 then it may that the new motherboard is not compatible with WIndows 7. Also have you tried removing the stored keys?

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.
netbis
Paper Tape
Views: 773
Message 5 of 8

removing the stored keys?

what does it mean and how to do it?

SeniorGuru
Views: 764
Message 6 of 8

In bios, there should be a "Securitiy" tab that also includes a sub listing for Keys..... meaning the stored operating system keys that have been entered into BIOS to allow the OS to be re-installed without need for a CD-Key or Authorization Code.

As I do not own a 50 series notebook, I can not tell you exactly where it is, so you may have to look thru the various screens to find it.

Good luck.

CB

netbis
Paper Tape
Views: 713
Message 7 of 8

Hi,

I tried the 'Restore facrory key' option in the security tab, and still freezing.

I can't install win7 without loading default settings, so I think I'll use win10 on this PC as it's working fine.

Thank you for your time.

SeniorGuru
Views: 702
Message 8 of 8

I have windows 10 installed on three Lenovo's - my original G580, a Yoga 900S, a Thinkpad E570 and just lately an all in one that I am testing.

All work pretty well within Windows 10, even the G580 so I can not complain.

Good luck.

CB

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors