GB

3 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 1 of 4

Lenovo G50-30 won't turn on

2017-01-14, 14:11 PM

Hi any help is massively appreciated!

My lenovo G50 won't turn on. I was using it and it said there was a problem and it needed to reboot. 

When I press the power button, it starts to turn on, shows the lenovo welcome screen then just gives a black screen and doesn't do anything else. 

This happened last week too, and it eventually started working again but there's definitely something not right. 

Please, I have no idea what I'm supposed to do. I have lots of important documents on my computer I need and haven't backed up!

Thank you in advance

Nicky

Options

3811 Posts

12-24-2015

IN

2177 Signins

71411 Page Views

• Views: 71411
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo G50-30 won't turn on

2017-01-16, 11:17 AM

Hi there, Nharcher                  -

Thank you for writing in to the Lenovo Forum - happy to have you here today

You can also start by flushing out all static, remove battery and AC adaptor and hold down power button for about 20 seconds.

Try re-seating the memory & HDD modules & check if issue still persist or not.

Update us how it goes.

Regards,

Tap that kudos button if I helped 
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! 

Options

2 Posts

01-14-2017

GB

3 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 3 of 4

2017-01-16, 16:45 PM

Hi, 

thank you for your reply! I have removed the static which hasn't made a difference. I have removed the hard drive (which is what was recommended by the Lenovo telephone support tech) and tried to load my documents onto another computer so I can save them and do a factory reset on my lenovo laptop, but I cannot access the files. 

I have gone through varous settings in the BIOS setup (all talked through by the tech team) on my lenovo to try to recover windows via a USB in case that is the problem, but nothing works, I just get the same thing every time, I see the lenovo logo then all goes black. 

I have really important documents on there that I need to save - lesson learnt about backing up my files!

Getting really desperate now as to how to fix it!

Any help massively appreciated!

Nicky

Options

2356 Posts

11-07-2014

US

1509 Signins

23966 Page Views

• Views: 23966
  • Message 4 of 4

2017-01-16, 22:47 PM
It sounds like the Hard Drive has suffered a catastrophic failure.... If you have not made a back up of the important files to a USB Jump Drive or Cloud app they may be forever lost.

The only other option would be to send the disk to a data recovery shop, one that can take the drive apart and move the internal plattens to a read / write platform.

Also, if you do not have One Key Recovery disks, you will need to either purchase them from Lenovo Support or purchase a retail DVD of your operating system along with a new Hard Disk Drive.

If you are interested in data recovery options send me a Private Message with the details of the hard drive and I can discuss the particulars around this option for you.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save