Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
christian_s
Blue Screen Again
Views: 229
Message 1 of 4

Lenovo G50-45 Takes Long Time to get to Lenovo Logo Screen

Someone I know gave me their Lenovo G50-45 laptop to fix it. The issue it is having is that when it is powered, it takes a long time to get to the Lenovo logo screen. It was reported to take as long as 30 minutes or more. Interestingly, I opened it up to clean it up if needed and disconnected multiple parts. After reassemblying it properly (suprisingly not breaking or missing anything), I turned it on and it immediately showed the Lenovo logo screen. That suprised me. However, this did speed did not last. After multiple shutdowns and reboots, it has started to take longer and longer to get to the Lenovo logo screen. I also noticed that it seems to be restarting multiple times prior to it showing the Lenovo logo screen. I can tell by seeing the Power LED (not Battery LED) turning off every once in awhile and then turns on a second or so later. I haven't timed it yet to see if there is a definite pattern. But it does seem somewhat random in how many times it does this. Also, the fan is on during this time. The fan also turns off when the Power LED turns off as well.

With 8GB of RAM, it works fairly well after it gets to the Lenovo logo screen and it boots into Windows 10. Runs great except for getting to the Lenovo logo screen.

I have run the Lenovo Diagnostics Tool, but running the Quick and Full Scans. Yet there were no issues that it could detect (except for Bluetooth not being connected to a device).

At this point, I am certain it is either a hardware issue or a firmware issue. It can't be a software issue as this issue occurs before any software is loaded and likely before or during POST. I am uncertain as to what I should do next. Thus I am reaching out to the Lenovo community for suggestions.

Guru
Views: 160
Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo G50-45 Takes Long Time to get to Lenovo Logo Screen

Try disabling "fast boot". Otherwise, not sure what the issue could be without seeing it in person.
christian_s
Blue Screen Again
Views: 156
Message 3 of 4

So far, from the best of what I am able to see, the issue may be a component is short circuting. Likely the chip for the power button, as there appears to be some potential signs of an issue.

I turned off Fast Boot and it still has the same issue.

Guru
Views: 154
Message 4 of 4

Have you checked that the HDD is working properly? Should probably try discharging the battery too.

Try to boot in safe mode and see if that makes a difference.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors