Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
markip
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,575
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo G50-45 compatibility with SSHD and RAM

Hello everyone. I want to upgrade my Lenovo G50-45 with a SSHD and i was wondering if it is compatible. My specs are these:
Lenovo G50-45 80E3
CPU: AMD E1-6010 APU with AMD Radeon R2 Graphics, 1.35GHz

Motherboard: Lancer 5B2

Motherboard Version: SDK0F82993 WIN

BIOS Vendor: Lenovo
BIOS Version: A2CN25WW(V.1.07)
BIOS Supported Standards :  DMI, ACPI
BIOS Expansion Capabilities : PCI, USB

The SSHD i want to buy is SEAGATE ST1000LX015 FIRECUDA GAMING SSHD 1TB SATA3
And the RAM is RAM CORSAIR CMSO8GX3M1C1600C11 8GB SO-DIMM DDR3L 1600MHZ
(I think it is up to 16GB compatible)
Also, i was wondering since the CPU is not that good is it going to speed up if i buy these? And is a SSHD a good choice or should i get an SSD instead? I have heard that i cannot store files for a long time in SSD since it gets trimmed, so maybe it deletes stuff. I want to be able to run fast heavy programs and store files. Thank you for your time.

Guru
Views: 1,530
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo G50-45 compatibility with SSHD and RAM

Yup, as long as your hard drive is SATA 3 2.5" and the RAM is DDR3 PC3-12800 (which both are), they should work.

I would suggest an SSD over an SSHD if you want faster speeds. However, with SSDs, they typically have less capacity for the same amount of money as an SSHD, but you'll definetely see a difference in both startup speeds and transfer speeds. So it depends on your usage: faster speed=SSD, more storage=SSHD. I suggest taking a look at your current hard drive usage to see if how much storage you use (if its less than 500GB, then an SSD is a better option IMO)

Upgrading the memory and hard drive doesn't increaase your CPU performance, since they're different components, but it'll definetely improve performance overall, including bootup times, how much programs you can have open at once, and speed of opening/ transfering files. 

Hope that helps, and feel free to ask me any questions Smiley Happy

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

Highlighted
Rhonda622
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,337
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo G50-45 compatibility with SSHD and RAM

I bought a Sandisk. I am still trying to upgrade. It had problems seeing the drive. You may have to change your bios to Legacy support. I bought PNY Ram and took my computer to 12 GB. If you find a good answer let me know

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors