Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hamberphim
What's DOS?
Views: 6,524
Message 1 of 8

Lenovo G50-45 display color calibration

I have just purchased a Lenovo G50-45 Laptop. I do a lot of image editiong where color rendition is important. I notice right out of the box that it's color display was very cold in color temperature. I tryed to adjust the color calibration through the interal display functions with very little success. I then used a Spyder Color calibration sensor and was able to get a little closer to a properly calibrated display but it is still very cool in color and frankly very unsatisfactory. Is there a fix? A driver?

Thanks

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 6,510
Message 2 of 8

Re: Lenovo G50-45 display color calibration

Hi Hamberphim,

Welcome to the Forums

As per the query we understood that you facing issue with display calibration in your Lenovo G50-45 laptop.

Try to update the display driver and check for the issue. Also try to calibrate by go to control panel, select display option and select the calibrate color option and follow the onscreen instruction and check for the issue.

Click here for the display driver for windows 8.1 .

Click here for the display driver for windows  7.

Hope this helps. Do post back if the issue persists!                                                   

Best regards,                                                          

Ashwin. S

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Highlighted
Hamberphim
What's DOS?
Views: 6,505
Message 3 of 8

I have the newest driver and have followed through with the control panel calibration steps. Problem persists.
Hamberphim
What's DOS?
Views: 6,483
Message 4 of 8

It appears that I'm not the only one who as come across this issue.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-IdeaPad-G50-45-Notebook-Review-Update.125641.0.html

About the sixth or seventh paragraph down the page of the article/review.

I quote:

"However, the manufacturer's calibration of the screen is not really satisfactory. Particularly the much too high color temperature that is seen in a visible bluish cast has to be criticized here."

The article has provided a color profile while it is an improvemnt is it STILL woefully inaccurate.

The problem still persists.

rockstardmtb
Blue Screen Again
Views: 6,448
Message 5 of 8

forget the color check the gradient issue.. everything it displays got gradient ..**bleep** screen what to expect?? suffering from 3 months since I bought this . trying to sell in half price but no on buying >:
VishalVairal
What's DOS?
Views: 4,697
Message 6 of 8

I am also facing the same problem, updating the drivers also dosent help. I have recently purchased this laptop, i guess from now onwards i will not buy any lenovo products, its so frustrating, its been just 4 to 5 months the problem still persists,

Auriaslayer
What's DOS?
Views: 1,583
Message 7 of 8

I had to change it by trial-and-error. This is the closest I've been to a regular color balance:

Color adjustement graphics lenovo-advanced.pngColor adjustement graphics lenovo-blue.pngColor adjustement graphics lenovo-green.pngColor adjustement graphics lenovo-red.png

SeniorGuru
Views: 1,572
Message 8 of 8

The LCD monitors that were used on this model are TN types, rather than some of the better units. This may explain the color profiles and banding / shading issues.

Try connecting a newer known good IPS typed LCD to the external port and see if the color can be improved.

My G580 has a great screen, but it is much older in vintage than the 50-45.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors