Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StacyG
Paper Tape
Views: 1,749
Message 1 of 4

Lenovo G50-45 doesn't power on with battery on

I have an issue with a G50-45 notebook.

The owner is an older acquaintance of mine who couldn't use it with the WIndows 8, which is the original OS comming with it, so in order to install a WIn 7 was needed an update of the BIOS (Downloaded from the official Lenovo support center ofcourse).

After the update I finaly managed to boot Windows 7 on the notebook, but now it won't turn on, while battery is on. I tried the battery draining suggestions mentioned not once or twice in this forum, and nothing gave result.

(Ref: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/G50-won-t-start-on-battery/td-p/2140152 )

When pressing the power OR the Novo button it is getting in a cotinous boot loop while battery is on. I tryed many varieties, but while the battery is installed - the notebook keeps restarting, but when I remove it and power on only on AC, evrything seems to be going quite well. So after I installed the new OS, I digged myself into the forum, and I ran onto the above mentioned techniques, but unfortunatelly after several tries - I give up.

My question is - do you have any other ideas? Is my problem hardware, because it does not exit when I remove this particular hardware - the battery, or it is some issue because of the updated BIOS? 

I hope somebody will give me the next direction how to fix what I did, please =)

Thank you in advanced

BR

Stacy

StacyG
Paper Tape
Views: 1,708
Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo G50-45 doesn't power on with battery on

Realy? I didn't expected this from "Lenovo" forum... 36 views and nobody has an answer for me?
SeniorGuru
Views: 1,696
Message 3 of 4

This is a peer to peer forum, and as such most of us help when we can. I would advise to have patience, there are quite a few "experienced" people that post on this forum....

I see you have tried to reset the BIOS by removing power (battery and AC), but have you gone back to BIOS / CMOS settings and use the "set defaults" option?

Also - make sure the DVD is the first boot drive, USB second and then HDD third. This will not only allow booting from other media, but give you more time to enter BIOS to make adjustments by using the F2 button at system power on.

I know some others will also post back, but it may take a bit for this to happen on Father's Day weekend.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.
SeniorGuru
Views: 1,676
Message 4 of 4

Did you perform a "Clean Install" of Windows 7 and wipe the entire disk drive? If you have a "retail" copy of Windows 7 it would give you the choice between "upgrade" and "new install" at boot up.

Also - it sounds like the Lenovo power management engine is the culprit causing the reboot cycle. This may be resolved by loading the Windows 7 version of the software, then any drivers associated with it.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors