Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jg2016
Paper Tape
Views: 1,196
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo G50-45 says "charging" but battery stays at 0%

hello, I have a lenovo g50-45 laptop. It's a great laptop but recently I have been having a lot of trouble with the battery.

Afew days ago, I started noticing that while the computer is plugged in to power, the battery always stays at 0%. It says that it is "charging" but it remains always at 0%.

The Lenovo Energy Maneger says that "the battery is weak and needs to be replaced". I tried to do a "gauge reset" but it did not do anything.

Under my laptop, the region under the power connection is very how while the battery is very cold. 

I am not sure what's going on. Can anyone help? It is unique because it says that the laptop is 'charging' yet the battery always stays at 0% and does not actually charge.

I suspect its the "Lenovo Energy Manager" that is preventing the battery from charging because it thinks that the battery needs to be replaced.

I tried uninstalling the "Lenovo Energy Manager" but I am not sure how to do it. It does not show up in the list of programs in control panel.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

Edit: I did some research and some people suggested updating the bios. The current bios on this system is A2CN25WW(V1.07) and I noticed that there is a file available to download for "a2cn45ww". However, when I tried to update the bios, the system said  that my battery needs to be atleast at 30% to do this. 

now since my computer is not charging the battery, I am not sure if it is possible to update the bios at all?

I just need to find out how to uninstall the lenovo energy manager, I think. Any suggestions?

Mod's Comment: Please do not start multiple posts on same issue as this only splinters the discussion. Instead, keep your current discussion updated with any additional information. Your duplicate(s) have been removed. Thanks !

Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 1,152
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo G50-45 says "charging" but battery stays at 0%

If you can not find the Lenovo Energy Manager to uninstall then possibly there is a bad installation of it on your computer.  Try re-installing it using a fresh copy at the link below...

http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/lenovo-g-series-laptops/g50-45-noteboo...

If you are using Windows 10 as your operating system then Lenovo Energy Management is NO longer compatible with that operating system and that would account for why it isn't being shown.  In Windows 10, battery charging limits are set using the Lenovo Settings app.

Another possibility is that your battery is indeed bad.  Download and use the free utility at the link below to check the condition of your battery.......

http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

The other possibility is that your charger / adapter is bad.  If you have a voltmeter then check to see if it outputting the correct voltage.  Page #21 of your model's Hardware Maintenance Manual will explain how to check the charger / adapter.  If you do not have a voltmeter then see if a local electronics repair center will check it for you.  Here is a link to the manual for your reference.....

https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles_pub/lenovo_g_z_50_series_hmm.pdf

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors