Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Crocsand
Blue Screen Again
Views: 14,010
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo G50-45 why is no USB 3.0 driver listed for this model

I started a clean boot of Windows 7 x64 from USB as I'm not a fan of Windows 8 but since installing I've been unable to get the USB 3.0 port to recognize anything I plug in (was working fine before).

I can't see a USB 3.0 driver listed on the support page for this model:

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/lenovo-g-series-laptops/g50-45-notebo...

I've also read similar problems have occured on other manufacturers laptops and this was fixed by installing the chipset drivers etc in the correct order.

Is there a correct order I should adhere to?

Any help much appreciated

Lightningblade
Blue Screen Again
Views: 12,290
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo G50-45 why is no USB 3.0 driver listed for this model

Exaxtly the same problem. Have the same model and installed Windows Ultimate 64 Bit.

BUT the only thing that isn't working is my external Harddrive (USB 3.0) and my USB Stick (3.0) in the 3.0 port. Mouses keyboards and headphones work in the port. A driver or something would really help, because i want to utilize the full power of the devices although the HDD only has 5200 RPM.

Ramy_cs85
What's DOS?
Views: 8,881
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo G50-45 why is no USB 3.0 driver listed for this model

Hi Dear,

I faced the same problem as you, just downoad amd viga driver and install it and the usb3 will be automatically installed with it and every thing will be fine

I don't know the relation between viga card and usb3 driver ,but I think usb3 may need one of viga driver component like .net framework or any thing else

Top Kudoed Authors