Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kurukshetra
Paper Tape
Views: 126,211
Message 1 of 17

Lenovo G50-70 Bluetooth/Wi-Fi problem in (32bit) window 7

hello , recently i installed window 7 32bit on my Lenovo G50-70 laptop with window 8.1 (64 bit) installed (as default).

but found bluetooth and wifi not working 

I downloaded 515mb driver file from http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/lenovo-g-series-laptops/g50-70-noteboo... 

After unpacking  I get a Atheros, Broadcom, Realtek, Inte folder with "Setup.exe" file and when I'm trying to use it there is only a "Warning" window with message "No Appropriate Driver to be installed"

I checked BIOS settings too - there's also Wi-Fi enabled

help!!

and as i can see, most lenovo have this problem why??? alot of people in this forum also complaning the same issues..

Nitesh

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 125,973
Message 2 of 17

Re: Lenovo G50-70 Bluetooth/Wi-Fi problem in (32bit) window 7

hi Nitesh,

The "No Appropriate Driver to be installed" error usually pops up if the installer can't find the specific hardware ID(s) to install the necessary drivers. This may happen if you have a different type of bluetooth adapter (eg. Intel wireless +bluetooth combo)

Can you try the following:

1. If the Network Controller (wireless adapter) is present under Device Manager, can you install these drivers first and reboot if necessary:

- Network controller.jpg

Lenovo Energy Manager
21.4MB

WLAN Driver (Atheros, Broadcom, Realtek, Intel)

267MB

2. When finished, check if you can now see the wireless and bluetooth adapter under Device Manager (see Bluetooth and Network Adapters) and press the airplane mode key (F7) to enable these devices.

- Sample Image

Let me know how it goes.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Kurukshetra
Paper Tape
Views: 125,841
Message 3 of 17

Thanks @neokenchi

Installing Lenovo Energy Manager and pressing F7 afterwards somehow solved the problem.

All thanks to u

can u plz send me link for usb controller driver for window 7 32bit , iam getting yellow mark there in device manger leading to non-recognition of my pen drive

Regards.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 125,792
Message 4 of 17

hi Kurukshetra,

Glad to know that you got the Bluetooth/Wi-Fi problem sorted out.

As for the USB controller, do you mean you have a yellow exclamation mark on the xHCI (USB 3.0) host controller?

- Sample image

If the USB 3.0 port is not working but the USB 2.0 does, can yuo try to install this driver:

Intel USB 3.0 Driver

v.2.5.3.34

4.78MB

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Zack360
What's DOS?
Views: 121,257
Message 5 of 17

Re: Lenovo G50-70 Bluetooth/Wi-Fi problem in (64bit) window 7

Hi,

I ahve a similar problem.

I ahve done all that which you have mentioned. But still my wireless connection is off. 

I checked my Device MAnager, Network Controller is installed and seemingly working just fine. 

However,  when I go to Energy Manager, I cannoot locate the wireless settings as indicated in the image. 

Please help.

naina
Blue Screen Again
Views: 119,875
Message 6 of 17

Hi, the wi-fi option in my lenovo g50 has suddenly disppeared. Please guide me on how to get that back urgetly as my exams are going on. A pc with no coonnectivity icon is displayed. Even when i go in the settings option and select network ethernet and vpn are the only 2 options available. The next airplane mode tab has airplane mode and only bluetooth as wireless device. Wireless On/Off option is also missing. Please reply at your  earliest

naina
Blue Screen Again
Views: 119,853
Message 7 of 17

@neokenchi pls reply

SeniorGuru
Views: 119,815
Message 8 of 17

@naina wrote:

Hi, the wi-fi option in my lenovo g50 has suddenly disppeared. Please guide me on how to get that back urgetly as my exams are going on. A pc with no coonnectivity icon is displayed. Even when i go in the settings option and select network ethernet and vpn are the only 2 options available. The next airplane mode tab has airplane mode and only bluetooth as wireless device. Wireless On/Off option is also missing. Please reply at your  earliest

Can you try press and hold FN then use F5 to toggle off "Airplane Mode"  as it sounds like it was inadvertantly activated.  "Airplane Mode" shuts off WiFi controllers to prefent strong radio frequency emmsions that may cause interfenece when on an Airplane flight.

Good luck with your exams!

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.
SeniorGuru
Views: 119,811
Message 9 of 17

Re: Lenovo G50-70 Bluetooth/Wi-Fi problem in (64bit) window 7

@Zack360 wrote:

Hi,

I ahve a similar problem.

I ahve done all that which you have mentioned. But still my wireless connection is off. 

I checked my Device MAnager, Network Controller is installed and seemingly working just fine. 

However,  when I go to Energy Manager, I cannoot locate the wireless settings as indicated in the image. 

Please help.

I would suggest uninstalling the Energy Manager software, rebooting the notebook and then re-instaling it.  This has worked for some users in the past.  Also - what version are you running.

Good luck.

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.
naina
Blue Screen Again
Views: 119,354
Message 10 of 17

Hey.. Thank you so much but tried doing that but it dint help. Multiple
times Airplane mode on and off. Now i use a lan wire to connect the router
to my pc. N it is working. But the wi fi still doesnt work.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors