Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo B and G Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

09-06-2015

Romania

6 Signins

48 Page Views

• Views: 48
  • Message 1 of 1

Lenovo G50-70 Displays wrong Video Card

2015-09-06, 17:47 PM

I have recently bought a G50-70 from PCgarage.ro ( this is the laptop : http://www.pcgarage.ro/notebook-laptop/lenovo/156-quot-ideapad-essential-g50-70-procesor-intel-core-i7-4510u-2ghz-haswell-8gb-1tb-radeon-r5-m230-2gb-red/ ) and after installing the drivers provided by the DVD that came with the laptop I have noticed a major lack of performance in games that used to run smoothly on my 2007 PC. I started to worry about it and I looked on the internet for a solution. Some users recommended that I should temporarely disable the integrated card via device manager and "force" the laptop to use the dedicated card. I tried that and I have noticed that device manager showed me that I have the HD5800M video card, which is totally wrong, because this product hosts the R5 M230 video card, so I clicked update drivers in device manager and after the update, the correct video card showed up. So I disabled the integrated card and ran an old game (Battlefield Bad Company 2). Ultra lag striked on the settings that the integrated card managed farely well. After I quit the game, an error from AMD Catalyst showed up and said that the video driver for AMD card is not installed. What to do now, because after reinstalling the drivers via AMD Catalyst the device manager tells me that I have the HD5800 AGAIN!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms